EXERCISE VIDEOS

Options
Dieting again, actually trying to make "lifestyle" changes, can anyone recommend any good exercise program, tapes?

Replies

• Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I enjoy any Jillian ones. Billy Blanks Tae Bo is also a lot of fun. Good luck!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    any jillian micheals dvd's.....they will get you results!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have a pilates video called 10 Minute Solutions that I really like. It's 5 different 10 minute routines. It has flexibility, low weight training, core, general and burn mode.

I like how I can do all 5 if I have time, or break it down if I dont :)
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of the Biggest Loser Cardio DVDs. They have former contestants doing the workouts behind the trainers, not skinny, toned models with make-up who don't sweat.

Those DVDs take away my excuse to not do the routines. If you give me the out, I'll take it. "Of course I can't do those burpees, those girls are 115 pounds and toned. I'm 240 pounds and flabby. Maybe next time." With the Biggest Loser DVDs, there are a few people bigger than me sweating their *kitten* off and doing burpees. I have no excuse to not do them.

The one I've been using is a three stage Cardio Max DVD. The first segment is a 20 min mod intensity work out, the other two are 10 min fairly high intensity workouts. I've been trying to do the 20 and one 10 min every morning and then the 20 again with the other 10 min at night.

Also, YouTube or Google 80's aerobic workout video's. The hair, the music, the clothes.... I spend so much time snickering I hardly notice how much I'm working out.

The most important thing is to just have fun.
  • fcough02
    fcough02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a few Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels DVDs that I like. I do the Chris Freytag Prevention 3-2-1 workout a lot.
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme are great for weight lifting

I also really like the Walk at Home dvds by Leslie Sansone they incorporate arm toning with weights, brisk walking, leg kicks, knee lifts and so on :)

Tae Bo are good too :)
  • wonderific
    Options
    Insanity and Turbo Fire are my biggest calorie burners. Brazil Butt lift does a booty good :)
  • shandirae
    shandirae Posts: 15
    Options
    I was getting no where working out at the gym for 60 mins a night doing 30 mins of cardio and 30 of weights. Then I started 30 day shred (jillian Michaels) and have lost an 1 1/2 inches off my waist in a week! I love her videos, if you do them you will get results!
  • bray2160
    bray2160 Posts: 12
    Options
    Personally for me, I would much rather prefer a workout set like P90X. It's a physical product that consists of 13 dvds,nutrition guides and calendar. I like it because it's convenient and this is one of the few products where I've seen consistent results. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months. I could have lost more but I was a bit lazy. For those of you who are interested, I happen to know where you can get P90X at a deep discount of $65. Check out http://www.squidoo.com/where-can-i-buy-p90x that lens will direct you to the P90X for $65
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    Personally for me, I would much rather prefer a workout set like P90X. It's a physical product that consists of 13 dvds,nutrition guides and calendar.
    I second this motion.

I've lost 8 pounds (I was only 5 pounds over weight), and my husband has lost 20 in 6 weeks. We both have visible improvements in our muscle tone, and we're already buying smaller clothes.

P90X is (IMHO) a great balance of cardio (including HIIT... helloooo plyometrics), resistance training, balance, and flexibility. The workout schedule changes every 3 weeks, which seems to address the plateau issue pretty well.

combined with a detailed food diary, these vids have REALLY worked for us.