I feel weak and need support!

Options
My life has been a whilrwind. I was always told that I was fat and ugly since I was a child. I use to starve myself in highschool to stay thin, and now I'm very over weight. I'm 5'5 and 243lbs! I need all the support I can get to drop this weight the healthy way.
I work out at curves twice a week until my school semester ends, and then I will add a third day.
I belly dance once a week, and then next month I will be taking up Zumba as well. I'm on the right path lol!
I just would like to make some new friends who are also on this journey to a happy and healthy life.
-Mandi '23 :happy:

Replies

• coopieclan
    coopieclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Pumpkin,

That sure is some workout schedule. I tried a class of zumba a couple of weeks ago. I could barely walk the next day. LOL

Remember that most fat burning occurs 14 - 48 hours after excercise. So a good healthy diet is important.

Good luck!
  • cheechlover
    Options
    Hi Pumpkin,

Just try and stick with it. Don't listen when people say negative things. At least your working out 3 days a week. I haven't started yet. Waiting for the zumba to arrive(got the disc set).

Keep your head up
    Karen
  • ashleyg1183
    ashleyg1183 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Mandi!

You are most definitely on the right track! This site has great tools and more importantly a great support system! Feel free to add me. :-)

Ashley

** anyone else feel free to add me as well! We're all here for the same reason!
  • dhconsford
    Options
    feel free to add me. 5'3" 213 now. In Jan. 232. Started here at 224 lbs in March sometime. Love it!!! And welcome.
  • diamondcrs
    Options
    r u hungry or think ur hungry? i say to my self stop over and over again, another thing someone at work told me to do is stick a badaide on ur fridge, wen u c it tell ur self am i eating because im bored etc therefore putting a bandaide on it get it, or is it time to eat?
  • jefflturn
    jefflturn Posts: 41
    Options
    Stay srong and do what I did: List all the reasons you want to lose weight no matter how small and when you feel yourself getting weak look at this list and it will give you strength. Log into MFP everyday and complete your diary, I have no will power but this has proven to help. GOOD LUCK!
  • diamondcrs
    Options
    i also need friends for help plz add me
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi Pumpkin,

That sure is some workout schedule. I tried a class of zumba a couple of weeks ago. I could barely walk the next day. LOL

Remember that most fat burning occurs 14 - 48 hours after excercise. So a good healthy diet is important.

Good luck!

That's not necessarily true. It's only like a few hours after exercise. If you're like hardcore when you exercise (like 1.5 hours +) you won't burn that much fat. Like me I've been doing a mile every few days (this week up to 2 :D) and I do a mile in about 14ish minutes. I'm not burning that much fat afterwards but I stick to mfp calorie intake as much as possible :) I'm of course no expert but it'll get better well that's what I keep telling myself and say "i can do it" and picture a smaller me :)
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I am so sorry that you had those mean people in your life but well done on wanting to lose weight the healthy way. This is a huge step toward getting fitter and healthier! So many people try take the easy route and unfortunately, it never works! Good job on not giving up!

Your exercise looks great. I think that plays a key part in your weight loss and helps it move along quicker and see results faster.

Please feel free to add me, I would love to be your friend. Good luck with it all!