Juicing

Options
Just bought a juicer and have been researching recipes and options, if you juice what is your go-to recipe?

Replies

• mdonnici
    mdonnici Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We just bought a juicer a couple of weeks ago. The two favorite combinations so far (even among the 6 and 12 yr old) has been carrot/apple and/or pear/fresh ginger and spinach/kale/apples/bananas. The spinach version is asked for almost every day by the 6 yr old. Note, it does take A LOT of kale and spinach to make a little juice. We tried a tomato blend, but it was very bland. I'll try that one again with summer tomatoes later.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    From what I understand a stack of test pro, along with deca and a good anti aromatase.................................oh wait you mean fruits and vegetable juicing.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jazz0matic
    Options
    carrots + radishes! yum. wash the veggies first so you can save the pulp for soup stock!
  • jazz0matic
    Options
    OH AND parsley + apple. spicy :)
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    Mock Lemonade using two golden delicious apples and half of a lemon!!

Another fave was Pineapple, carrots, oranges and grapefruit!! Yummolicious!!

Apples, carrots and a small piece of ginger!
  • michael300891
    Options
    From what I understand a stack of test pro, along with deca and a good anti aromatase.................................oh wait you mean fruits and vegetable juicing.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Was scrolling down waiting for this sort of response haha :D
  • drasticmeasures
    drasticmeasures Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love fresh grapefruit juice! This is my go to juice after my early morning workout! I also enjoy carrots, spinach, apples and pears. Sometimes I even through whatever veggies and fruits I have left in my fridge at the end of the week before replenishing. Enjoy your juicer!!
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    is anyone doing the juice cleanse??
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I lve carrots, celery and an apple for sweetness.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    is anyone doing the juice cleanse??

You probably won't find many on here doing cleanses, as they're unsafe, don't cause weight loss, and nutritionally unsound.

However, doing a search for juice cleanse might yield you some results.
  • friscogrl26
    friscogrl26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you have netflix,watch "the Gerson Miracle" it will really blow you away
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    "Look at what I've bought myself, a Juice Tiger. I juice everything now. I'm on a Weekly World News Garth Brooks Juice Diet."

- Charlie's Mom, So I Married an Axe Murderer

Best said with a heavy Scottish accent.

I couldn't help myself.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Just watched the Gerson Miracle today. The biggest thing I don't think people will take from the juicing is its made to get high doses of nutrition NOT FOR WEIGHT LOSS and to treat(well actually HEAL) chronic issues including cancer. Plus I'm sure most here are not using the proper juicer that would be recommended in the case. The masticating and centrifugal(traditional household ones) are not getting enough pressed out nor enough enzymes as it states in the video. The juicer they would have you using is over $2000. I just purchased a book by Charlotte Gerson for specifics related to issues I face such as obesity and high blood pressure and diabetes(not showing actual diabetes but recently went over the A1C into pre-diabetic). So interested to read the book when it gets here.

It would be some time till I could get that special juicer though the info I've read on the site say that for non cancer patients a masticating juicer would be sufficient in most cases so I may save up the couple hundred to start out with that. I enjoy green juices though to date I've only been able to do store bought bottles.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a juicer and it is so much work that I don't use it too much anymore. But what I still do and LOVE is my citrus breakfast juice. I swear it has helped boost my metabolism and it tastes so refreshing!!

This is what you need:
    1 Grapfruit
    3 oranges
    1 lemon

To make your mornings less stressful, peel your fruit the night before. Don't use your hands. Instead, use a knife and cut the thick skin off, trying not to cut away the fruit itself. This will leave a lot of the white middle layer that's really good for you! It's the outer colored part that makes it so bitter. Cut your fruit into smaller sections that are easy to toss in your juicer. Store in the fridge to make on your way out the door.

It makes a lot of juice, too.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a juicer and it is so much work that I don't use it too much anymore. But what I still do and LOVE is my citrus breakfast juice. I swear it has helped boost my metabolism and it tastes so refreshing!!

This is what you need:
    1 Grapfruit
    3 oranges
    1 lemon

To make your mornings less stressful, peel your fruit the night before. Don't use your hands. Instead, use a knife and cut the thick skin off, trying not to cut away the fruit itself. This will leave a lot of the white middle layer that's really good for you! It's the outer colored part that makes it so bitter. Cut your fruit into smaller sections that are easy to toss in your juicer. Store in the fridge to make on your way out the door.

It makes a lot of juice, too.

Oh, and toss in a square inch of ginger into a lot of the juices you make. The ginger has amazing healing properties.
  • jklinker
    jklinker Posts: 1
    Options
    We just bought one too. I LOVE grapefruit, orange, and apple. One of each gave a full glass of juice and it was delicious.
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, I'd stay away from too many fruits. My go-to is green lemonade: kale or spinach, 1 head romaine lettuce, 1 granny smith apple, 1 lemon, 1 cucumber and tons of ginger. Enjoy!
  • fitnessfashionista17
    fitnessfashionista17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5 large leaves of kale
    1/4 of a small pineapple
    1 cucumber
    1 inch of ginger
    5 mint leaves