I'm new! Looking for weightloss accountablity buddy

Options
Hey Everyone,

I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else on here: I want to change my fitness level and body size. For me, I need to lose about 20-25 pounds. I had my first child in 2009, and my second and final child just 4 months ago, and I am so tired of looking like a mom! I never lost the weight after my first, so I'm fighting fat that's been hanging around for nearly 3 years.

I'm looking for someone else who is in a similar goal range, so we can encourage and motivate each other. And of course, hold each other accountable.

Thanks for reading my post!

-nwrainyday

Replies

• jpbeck
    jpbeck Posts: 30
    Options
    You live in the northwest?
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It's a great place and you'll have a blast. Make lots of friends and stay on track, you'll reach your goal in no time.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
    Good luck!!
  • gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Glad to meet you! This is the place to be...You'll make some friends here, too!
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I'm in the same boat with the "baby fat", and pretty new, just a couple weeks in.
    We can all motivate each other :smile:
  • lkapcar
    lkapcar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site as well. I need to lose about 30 lbs. My doctor is threatening to put me on insulin if I don't get blood sugar under control better & losing weight will help that. Plus I lost my parents when they were young (mom was 36 & dad ws 53). I lost my sister last year - she was 59. I'm 55 (56 in August) and I want to be around to see my young grand children grow up.

I don't have a walking partner so I'm looking for a wagon to take my Dachshund on walks with me. I have a walking track (1.7 miles) at work that I'd love to walk, but don't want to do alone.

Is anyone on here in Durham, NC area and if so, would you like to be a walking partner?
  • Mamie2019
    Mamie2019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas. But we both want to lose 30 pounds. I'm willing to keep in touch.
  • diana776
    diana776 Posts: 54
    Options
    feel free to add me! we can support each other :)
  • mattgleason
    Options
    I am in the same 20-25 goal range. I've been here a month and a half and I've lost 8 lbs. I think being honest about calories and exercise is what makes this work. Welcome aboard and good luck.
  • bby12
    bby12 Posts: 4
    Options
    :smile: im on the same page! had my baby 4 months ago now im trying to get rid of the belly& thighs! i want my old body so ya'l feel free to add me and im looking at 25lbs! i just started monday so im sure i have a while to go!