Needing some advice.

Options
I have eaten all my meal plan today. I wasn't hungry at all until I sat down after working today and started to unwind. Now I can't figure out what is wrong. I am craving food but nothing seems yummy. I am drinking water but it isn't helping the tummy pain I am getting.

Anyone have any advice on how to handle the I want food withdrawls?

Replies

• durpnurp
    durpnurp Posts: 8
    Options
    My favorite thing in the world is jellybeans. If I don't allow myself some sweet, sweet, jellybean goodness, I know I'll end up cheating and start the downward shame spiral into no longer eating right. It's happened many times before. The evening is the worst for me too.

I buy a large bag of jellybellys and divide them into portions as soon as I get back from the grocery. The servings are 150 calories. Every morning, when I log my breakfast, I go ahead and log my nighttime jellybean snack, so I know I won't eat those calories. I kind of reserve them ahead of time. At night when I start to unwind, I grab one of my little pre-portioned bags and enjoy. I find that it curbs the sweet tooth and it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day. Almost a mini-reward for doing so good all day.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I can't see how many calories you're allowed, or if you have exercise calories that you haven't eaten yet. If you exercise, you can always eat more :-)
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    You could eat something small and do a bit of exercise and burn it off, or just be a few calories over today - no biggie! :)
  • rudemommafox
    rudemommafox Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to eat around 1300 cal. I did a lot of horse work today and burned a butt load of Cal. and wonder if that is what is making me so stinking hungry. I don't want to eat off my meal plan as we bought just enough and have no more funds. It stinks cause I really just want a strawberry yogurt and I can't eat it.
  • kungfuflyer
    kungfuflyer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah if I could see your diary then I might be able to see where the problem lies.
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't follow the plan. Find something else that works for you.

When I started, my calories were fairly high and I wasnt eating well at all. After I dropped some weight, my calories went down and for some reason I felt famished. But I read an article about foods that fill you up for very little calories. Now I am ending every day with over 300 calories left (more when you add in exercise calories). And I never feel hungry. Even my end of the work day cravings have been less and less.

Good luck to you.
  • rudemommafox
    Options
    I put it to friends only. Just add me and you should be able to see it.

This is day two of the new way and I kind of expected to be hungry. I just don't know how to curb the hunger pains.
  • pafoofnic
    Options
    I have just started working a plan myself. Like yourself, evenings are when I unwind from stressful days at work and when I start to munch. Basically what I have done... and it seems quite effective... is begin a new set of hobbies. Instead of turning on the boob tube, I am reading, taking the dog for long lazy walks, and working on a few hobby projects that I have longed to get to. It seems to be working for me. I am finding more energy in the evenings and putting them to use doing the things I like to do instead of simply unwinding. Another thing is try stretching when you get home... stretch all those muscles and this might bring you a bit of energy.
  • pafoofnic
    Options
    Stay inspired!
  • rudemommafox
    Options
    I will try this. I did all the walking today and it has been so long since I moved that much and well now I feel so hungry. This job isn't a daily job it is maybe 2 times a week. I am new to finding my cal. count and working on sticking to it. I just want to do this right and keep up the motivation. I am sure we are all like that either loosing or gaining weight we just want to keep it up.

I loved the feeling I had while working today and want to get that every day. Just need to work on gas funds part of it. I have a feeling I will be putting in a lot of mileage around my neighborhood inbetween job days. I also think my dogs might get even more muscles with me. My labby boy needs to put on weight but not the flabby kind.

Ok I am rambling.