THE MOMMY POOCH

Options
Yes ladies, we tuck it, wrap it, layer it, anything we can to hide it.....BUT HOW DO WE GET RID OF IT?

I liken mine to pizza dough...un-baked of course. Its squishy and hangs over my pants...hell it hangs over if I'm not wearing pants!

What sort of exercises are best to tone this baby bag back up??!!

Replies

• fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It takes time !!!! I know your baby girl is not that old yet,lol. I also know that you love your elliptical,but try to add some weights to your workouts :)
  • msbudrflie
    Options
    This is one of the things that I fear will never change :(. Had 3 kids 3 years in a row. Two back to back csections one with a ruptured uterus. When I breastfed first child the weight came off fairly quickly but other two kids wouldn't nurse. I've let myself go and have made the decision to live my life like I should or die an early death due to not taking care of myself. I will b much happier, healthier and a better wife n mom...idk what the answer is to our question but at least we r trying to get ourselves back in shape!!
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing something other than the elliptical, but I don't know what exactly to do LOL
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 10 months, and my pooch is slowly starting to lessen now. It is doughy, and freakin annoying. It barely hangs over low rise pants, so I'm lucky there. I'm doing ab work outs on a stability ball, and using a kettlebell to help that section. This is in addition to all the cardio and strength training I'm doing. I will destroy this pooch by this time next year!!!
  • Bingette1
    Options
    I don't know if you've hurd of Insanity or if you have are willing to do it- BUT if you do, & stick too it, I can promise you that will melt away! It's a 60 day program about an hour a day, if you have the time that is my advice. Of course eating right with it ;) but I did it & it helped get ride of those stuborn love handles that I couldn't seem to get ride of after my having my daughter & the "pooch" that was so very annoying. Best of luck to you & I hope I helped! If you have any questions on Insanity feel free to ask, done it twice already! :D
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit and weight lifting. Mine didn't start getting smaller until I started lifting heavy.
    eta: not necessary ab workouts either, I mean whole body: squats, deadlifts, pulldowns, pullups and ect.
  • KimmyJ30
    KimmyJ30 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    reverse crunches will help...my mommy pooch is the most stubborn area on my body right now:( definetly start weight training as your core will strengthen with your reps. If you like to do workout videos i suggest the 30 Day Shred...it helped me loose inches and i feel like i'm stronger in my core, and it's only 25-30 mins a day...i also suggest Jillian Michael's Body Revolution as well awesome workouts and only 30 mins a day as well. Doing the plank will help also and of course eating right! Good luck and i hoped i helped a little:) Feel free to add me!
  • KenziesMomma11
    Options
    thanks!
    reverse crunches will help...my mommy pooch is the most stubborn area on my body right now:( definetly start weight training as your core will strengthen with your reps. If you like to do workout videos i suggest the 30 Day Shred...it helped me loose inches and i feel like i'm stronger in my core, and it's only 25-30 mins a day...i also suggest Jillian Michael's Body Revolution as well awesome workouts and only 30 mins a day as well. Doing the plank will help also and of course eating right! Good luck and i hoped i helped a little:) Feel free to add me!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    apparently, working your transverse abdominis will help. if you have diastasis recti certain ab work outs will NOT fix it, or will make it worse before they make anything better. you can google it to see if you have it.

i found a website with free exercises, i'm going to try them out tonight. instead of focusing on the muscles that go up and down, you focus on the ones that go horizontal/ and wrap around.

here is a little blurb~~~

The main way to work the TA muscle is to "draw in" the navel, thus taking pressure off those outermost abdominal muscles while allowing them to knit back together. However, if your body has experienced any of the following scenarios, you've spent a LOT of time doing the opposite of "hollowing" your belly and activating your transverse:
    worked in a job where you slouch or lean over a lot
    had any kind of abdominal surgery, including c-sections, hernia repair, abdominioplasty
    more than one pregnancy
    multiples in pregnancy
    long pushing phase in labor
    chronic coughing
    chronic constipation where you have to bear down
    The transverse abdominus acts as our God-given back brace - some call it a corset or a seat belt. However, the catch-22 is that people with diastasis have often lost their ability to target their TA muscle, and they think they're fat. They joke about their "pot belly" and how their six pack is hiding under a "keg," and then they do endless ab work that bulges and distends the area further, making the diastasis worse because all of that outward or forward/forceful pressure just pushes that split open more, literally ripping it like the seam on a pair of old pants
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck.

Once I've been at my goal weight a year (not even close, yet!) I am getting the whole shebang. Tummy tuck, boob lift, maybe a little botox or a face lift if I need it. Pregnancy wrecked my body and then PPD (and cheetos haha) wrecked it more.
  • Kidsrn23
    Kidsrn23 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    After 3 kids in 2 years...(now 3 years old & 17 month old twins), I have found the best exercise is cardio and for core stengthening planks and leg lifts. It will just take time. Good luck.
  • KenziesMomma11
    Options
    wonderful, thanks
    After 3 kids in 2 years...(now 3 years old & 17 month old twins), I have found the best exercise is cardio and for core stengthening planks and leg lifts. It will just take time. Good luck.
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck! Gave myself the gift a little over a year ago and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself! My doctor said that all the dieting and working out was never going to fix my problem. He was right. I love my new flat belly.