HELP

Options
I am a breast feeding mother - how do I incorporate this into this plan? I heard you burn alot of calories BF! Help please

Replies

• rdgpunx
    rdgpunx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would get your goal and then add the 500 C. that is average for a breastfeeding mom. You don't want to not eat enough while breastfeeding!
  • rdgpunx
    rdgpunx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am not sure the easiest way... I would just change the goal weight loss till it comes up to about the 500 extra a day--- even tho you will have on there that you don't want to lose much--- you will always have that 500 calorie grace area.

Hope this helps!
  • ameliasmummy11
    Options
    Thanking yu
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    i breast feed but i wouldnt have lost my baby wieght with out diet and exercise. just dont over do it or you will make yourself feel ill xxx
  • CarbAvor
    CarbAvor Posts: 45
    Options
    Trust your body. Take care in what you put in your body (too many carrots can turn you and or your baby orangey as an example and my DR said even 1 cup a day is too much when breast feeding). But trust that your body will be your guide. If you start craving anything funky, make sure you eat a sensable snack. I ate A LOT of cheese sticks or peanut butter with apples and I drank Carnation instant breakfasts to make sure I was rounding out nutrients. Also, you should still be taking your vitamins and those will give you and the baby well rounded nutrition (kind of no matter what you eat.... you're body is designed to give the baby it's best). Nuts and fruits and veggies are perfect snacks still. A healthy diet is important, 3 squares and 3 snacks, is a must. You can add an extra 1.5 oz to your lean meat servings (I just started weighing mine). Keep some chicken breast cooked and cut into strips to throw in salads or eat plain when you need a boost. Like I said, the lucky thing about breastfeeding is, that baby WILL get what he needs, so make sure you eat enough for him to have his and that you get enough of the left overs :)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    When I was breast feeding I was pumping exclusively. So I knew what I was pumping. Under food, there is a breastfeeding -20 cals per ounce pumped. That is how many calories you need to eat back. 500calories is only 25 ounces. But if you are producing more than that and not eating back enough calories, you will slow production. Good luck!