12weeks strength training, 17lbs lost (85 overall)

Options
joyzy
joyzy Posts: 97 Member
262lbs in August 2011.

6 months of cardio plus calorie tracking on MFP lead me to...

195lbs in February 2012.

Added in strength training 3-4x/week in addition to daily cardio which has brought me to...

178lbs in April 2012.

It's been 12 weeks of doing total body strength training plus daily cardio (mostly running at this point). My rate of weight loss has decreased but I feel SO good!

20120204_ARMSsmall.jpg

Replies

• calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you look awesome CONGRATs your hard work has paid off
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That is REALLY awesome :) We share a same journey!!!

I just got down to 190 (even though my MFP ticker says I started at 212, that's when I started MFP. I really started at 268+) and I swore when I got to 190, I would start weight training. I'm scared to death at the scale not moving. I'm going to have to break out the tape measure and give the scale away.

You are my inspiration! I'm adding you!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    OMG - look at your arms!! You've literally eliminated all the fat on the underside of your arms - amazing!! Congratulations on a fantastic job!!

How much are you running? Steady state or intervals?
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    you look great. You could put a whoopin on someone with those arms. really nice job, thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Misti76
    Misti76 Posts: 37
    Options
    You look fantastic! Can I ask if you're doing a specific weight training program, or just kind of doing it on your own? I need to add some weight training to my routine but have no clue where to start.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Your arms are amazing!! Love the definition!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    nice results ad nice tracking :)
  • joyzy
    Options
    Thank you!!
    How much are you running? Steady state or intervals?

I'm not super strict but generally I run long 2 days a week (6-8 miles) and do 2 days a week of speed work/intervals for 35-45 minutes depending on what I'm doing, and I fill in the remaining days with 3-5 mile runs.
  • ronde
    ronde Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • joyzy
    Options
    You look fantastic! Can I ask if you're doing a specific weight training program, or just kind of doing it on your own? I need to add some weight training to my routine but have no clue where to start.

Thank you!

I met with the trainer at the gym a few times for ideas of upper body, lower body, core, abs back etc. strengthening exercises. I work out by myself, and I mix it up when I go in there and make sure not to hit the same muscle group 2 days in a row.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! This is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
    p.s. I love the definition in your arm.
    I would kill to have that!!
  • amanda_lessofme
    amanda_lessofme Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!! I started at about the same weight, a few months after you, but have not lost nearly as fast. Just started weight training this month. I'm very impressed.

Do you have a before photo of you at your highest weight?
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am jeolous of those arms there lady!!! :D Great work!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. love yours arms!
  • Limajuliet
    Limajuliet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic :D
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    262lbs in August 2011.

6 months of cardio plus calorie tracking on MFP lead me to...

195lbs in February 2012.

Added in strength training 3-4x/week in addition to daily cardio which has brought me to...

178lbs in April 2012.

It's been 12 weeks of doing total body strength training plus daily cardio (mostly running at this point). My rate of weight loss has decreased but I feel SO good!

20120204_ARMSsmall.jpg

You've worked so damn hard for this you fully deserve the reward at the end, WTG!!!
  • DRC5986
    DRC5986 Posts: 2
    Options
    lol, don't you post on /fit/?
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous !! I know how hard you work ! You so deserve this ! xo
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!