Weight loss but no physiological changes...

Options
I've lost 12 pounds so far, yet I'm not seeing any physiological changes. I( know that muscle weighs more than fat. Been through that when I grew in size but not on the scale.) I am being more active. I was unable to do much for several years. Walking through Walmart would result with days of recuperating. Now I'm able to walk & hike 4-6 miles on the spur of a moment (2-3 miles if hills.) And faster too. I'm shooting hoops and playing at soccer with my nephews (not full on games - they are young). And can toss, and carry, my niece around the place. Do I end up hurting for a couple days when combining all activities? Yes, but not to the point of incapacitation. So I don't know why my clothes still fit the same.

Has anyone else run into this? I am an ex-fitness geek but know that much has changed in the past 20 years so from the gurus here, any advice?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    From the description of your new activity level you're experiencing significant physiological changes (at least health wise - well done!)

Everyone loses fat from different parts of their body, for me my face and arms were the first to be noticeable and it took a while for the pants to start falling down. Are you taking measurements?
  • Mosaic67
    Mosaic67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian, I'm not taking measurements yet. I find them rather depressing. I have noticed a little change in the face and arms. Ironically I've noticed that the days I'm the most bothered by weight, I weigh the least and the days I feel fitter I weigh the most. Long ago I learned that working out on the days with little motivation result with the best workout. Go figure!!!
    Thanks for responding - your input is encouraging!