whats the lowest calorie choclate bars?

Options
hi all
I'm trying to reduce my calorie intake but I don't wanna give up my choccie. any suggestions for the lowest calorie options? it's got to be chocolate though no imitation will do lol. in past ive bought mini bags of magic stars and mini kinder bars which are fine if i had managed to limit myself to one bag or bar but I tend to munch through far too many lol.
any suggestions would be fab
thanks
lisa

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    M&M's are 3.4 calories a piece. If I am having a chocolate craving, eat like 10 of them, one at a time.

"Life choice" Double chocolate protein bars are great and only 190 cals, the chocolate crunch ones are great too at only 160 calories.

Plain Hershey bars are 210 calories per bar. Half of one usually fulfills me.

Fat free chocolate ice cream (The 90 cal kind) is pretty good stuff.

Swissmiss diet cocoa is only 25 cals a cup. Add mini marshmallows for around 25 cals to sweeten it up even more.

Sometimes I keep Haviland dark chocolate mints in the fridge and have one after a meal. They are 27 cals a piece.

I heard dark chocolate will satisfy you faster then milk chocolate. One of my favorites is Lindt 50% dark. They are 50 cals a square though.
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Lindt dark chocolate is only 30 calories a square and it is so rich and delicious that one square always satisfies me. =)
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i bought the lindt 90% dark chocolate. its bitter to me. i dont know if bitter is the best word to use. at first i hated it, but im acquiring a taste for it. its 60 calories a square with minimal sugar. i would say go with a lower % of dark chocolate if you like it sweet.

equal dark chocolates are sooooo good, the minis on have 25 calories(:
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i bought the lindt 90% dark chocolate. its bitter to me. i dont know if bitter is the best word to use. at first i hated it, but im acquiring a taste for it. its 60 calories a square with minimal sugar. i would say go with a lower % of dark chocolate if you like it sweet.

equal dark chocolates are sooooo good, the minis on have 25 calories(:

Yah, I don't buy the extra dark. I recently bought the Lindt Dark Cranberry Intense and it was 30 calories a square and super yummy. This week I bought the Dark Chocolate Orange flavor. I like their "Excellence" range. Really yummy and one square is plenty!
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    2 finger Kit Kat's are 107 calories.
    If I fancy chocolate I love chocolate digestives. Got to be McVities-the chocolate is really rich, and the digestive takes the edge of your hunger. Plus only 85 calories a biscuit, or 80 for the caramel ones!
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    mllky way 98 cals?
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just eat one or two hershey kisses. If I am craving, it always does the trick for me. Of course, you need the will power to just grab one or two kisses out of the bag. haha. :)
    I love LINDT but never tried the dark chocolate bars. Not the biggest fan of dark choclate...still letting it grow on me.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Dark chocolate is best option with 70% or more cocoa content. As its very strong flavour you're likely to eat less. Aim for no more than 4 squares a day which on a 100g bar is 40g.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you normally would but make sure you only eat a serving size.

There is no need to go low calorie, when you can eat the regular stuff and be fine.
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    After eight mints are 35 calories each. Cadbury buttons treat size bags are 75 cals per bag.
  • tinydreams
    Options
    cadbury freddos - 99 calories

Nestle - Blue ribbons, Breakaways , along with others are from 97-99 calories :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Small amounts of Green and Blacks, in caramel, milk, or burnt toffee. Not low cal, but boy do you know you've had chocolate! I also save up calorie and splurge now and then, and I have really good quality hot chocolate drink which I can usually fit into my daily allowance. Have you treid the chocolate Philadelphia? Some people rave about it. I've treid it once and not sure, but going to give it another go ;)
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Freddo Frogs are 95 calories.
  • princessruthiebelle
    princessruthiebelle Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i have to avoid it at all costs, it sets me off and once i start i cant stop!

if it HAS to be chocolate then id have a yogurt with chocolate in it or a mousse,

i like nakd bars in coco delight they are low cal and reasonably good for you,

also have a hot chocolate (low cal of course)

depends if your as bad as me lol

you could always save your cals one day and just treat your self to your fave chocolate bar???
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I keep a stash of Cadbury's "fun-size" chocolate bars in the cupboard - they are usually 80-100 calories in each.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I keep a stash of Cadbury's "fun-size" chocolate bars in the cupboard - they are usually 80-100 calories in each.

Trouble with that is that my stash would be in my tum very quickly!
  • ferrer78
    Options
    Cadbury's Curly surly is 115 calories per bar
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Protein bars taste so good that you wouldn't know the difference. Try them out! Try a chocolate one from each brand, I was so surprised that I don't eat chocolate bars anymore. It's a great replacement!
  • endersby93
    Options
    Crunchie bars are 185 calories totally satisfy the chocolate need!
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love Belgian Chocolate Thins. They come in various flavors (dark chocolate, chocolate hazelnut, chocolate almond, etc.) and I get them at World Market. The shape of them reminds me of Pringles. 1 serving (12 thins) is 220 cal, but I'm usually fine with eating half or less of a serving.

Also, they have alot of new 'mini' chocolate candies... some are just small versions of the originals, others are in a round candy form. You can have a decent quantity for few calories.