Adam Lambert - the new singer of QUEEN?!

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
I think this is absolutely terrible.
RAGEEEE. g3torhigvjlkwvril[vdmkmjiorhjogv

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    The name queen should've died with Freddy. That's what I think. If the original members want to get a new band together, get a new name.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    The name queen should've died with Freddy. That's what I think. If the original members want to get a new band together, get a new name.

I completely agree.
    Don't wreck a good band D:
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I completely agree.

Hear, Hear!

I've nothing against Adam Lambert, but he's just NOT Freddie Mercury - this is a big sin!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

I completely agree.

Hear, Hear!

I've nothing against Adam Lambert, but he's just NOT Freddie Mercury - this is a big sin!

This ^
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This rumor was going around a few months ago... Source?
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show that the remaining members are greedy and have no respect for the past. Nothing new. Plus I can't stand Adam Lambert. When I see him, I change the channel.
  • kurenaikumo
    Options
    This article is dated FEBRUARY 6th- both parties have already denied the paring, and thankfully so.

"First Posted: 02/ 3/2012 4:07 pm Updated: 02/ 6/2012 9:59 am"
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    But it's not even the whole band with just a new front man.

John Deacon has not performed with them since Freddie died other than a couple of cameo's.

No one is ever going to replace Freddie or keep Queen going the way he did.

Personally I would prefer to see a new band with Brian May and Roger Taylor.

The music that would come out would be awesome.

Sadly I don't think they will ever shake the fact that everyone will always see them as being Queen
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    This rumor was going around a few months ago... Source?

Today tonight was talking about it?!
  • kurenaikumo
    Options
    You know, if this is true, Brian May and Roger Taylor can kiss my... They may as well both go piss on Freddie's grave. NO ONE can ever fill those shoes. NO ONE.

I hope it's just more rumors. I wouldn't walk across the street to see that fiasco for free... :explode:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    You know, if this is true, Brian May and Roger Taylor can kiss my... They may as well both go piss on Freddie's grave. NO ONE can ever fill those shoes. NO ONE.

I hope it's just more rumors. I wouldn't walk across the street to see that fiasco for free... :explode:

this.

ps todaytonight is a news channel in aus.. if its on the news i guess it has to be at least half right ? :/
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I like Adam Lambert very much.
    Queen was very much part of my childhood growing up and I still enjoy the music today.

While I think we can all agree that there is never going to be a viable replacement for Mercury, you just never know what Lambert may give to the band.

Look how well Journey turned out?

Im gonna keep an open mind...and will look forward to hearing the new 'sound' if and when it surfaces...
  • kurenaikumo
    Options
    ps todaytonight is a news channel in aus.. if its on the news i guess it has to be at least half right ? :/

Bad news travels the globe at an astounding pace LOL I'm in the USA...
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    Adam Lambert = ridiculously overrated raccoon

What's next? Justin Bieber as the new singer of Nirvana? :laugh:
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Adam lambert is so pretty!
    But no they should leave classic bands like Queen alone!

*sings* If I had you
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    people... just read the huffington post article at the link i posted up there ^^^^. Adam Lambert is NOT joining Queen.

Believe me, if it was really happening, I think I'd move off the planet.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    update : He is going on tour with them, not being the new singer. Phewww.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/adam-lambert-joining-queen-lead-singer-video-02-05-2012
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Adam Lambert = ridiculously overrated raccoon

What's next? Justin Bieber as the new singer of Nirvana? :laugh:

Oh please no! lol
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Seriously people, he is not joining the band, just visiting it :wink: And Adam has NEVER even tried to fill Mercury's shoes, since it's impossible.
    And call me bad person if you like, but I'm going to see them in July. I'm fan of both, so why not enjoy their co-operation? :smile: