Just finished my first day of week one of C25K

Options
aw8899
aw8899 Posts: 13 Member
Oh my. I purchased the C25K app for my iPod on Wednesday night. I didn't get up to do it Thursday morning so I promised myself I would do it today. Well....., needless to say it was interesting. With this app you run 60seconds and walk 90 seconds. It's easy to start off but then as it goes on it got hard for me because I started to get tired. I could only do 30 seconds of running/jogging for the intervals. The funny thing is every other min I was looking behind me to make sure no one was following me. I am so paranoid of getting mugged at 4am in the city lol. Anyways, I am happy that I did the first day and pray that I will be crazy/ brilliant enough to continue doing this to build up my stamina and energy and treat my body well. I already tell that week one will be a repeat for me. I am very sweaty as I am sitting here typing this. So that's good right? Ugh...

Replies

• littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Well done! And yes, that sweatiness is amazing! I actually tested out the app not too long ago (I'm a studying Game Designer) and enjoyed how it does start you off quite easily. Unfortunately I havent continued with the C25K, I was just testing the extent of the app, but I might when I am not so busy with uni work. I wish you all the best, feel free to add me if you like, I would love to see your progress - and maybe I could start doing it in my upcoming holidays (I get three weeks starting after next week).
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a successful start!! I used the C25K program to get started last year and each day you get your shoes on and head out the door is a success :) Your endurance will increase each week, just remember to keep the pace slow enough to continue...Good luck!!
  • laura_fat2fit
    laura_fat2fit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes, its a very good thing that you're very sweaty!

I started C25K 4 weeks ago. It was hard at first, was barely making 60 seconds of running. I'm now on week 4 running 5 minutes at a time. If you'd have asked me 4 weeks ago if I'd be running 5 minutes now, I'd say HELL NO! I thought I'd be repeating week 1 too.

Its really amazing how much your body just DOES what its supposed to. The c25k seems to have it all figured out and the running and walking intervals are perfect. its just enough time to get your breath back before the next run. Your stamina will build up quickly with the interval training. I feel so much more energised and really look forward to getting out and running (and I'm surprisingly bummed when I cant get out and run).

I am running 4 days a week instead of the 3 that it recommends taking a day break in between, I've found that this has really helped improve my running and stamina and got me a little more prepared for the next week.

Keep it up and Good Luck! You can do this!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi
    well done for starting it
    I've just joined a group thats starting on Monday if you want to join.
    Got my new trainers and can't wait!
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm half way through week two and love it!!!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm really pleased you decided to do this. If you want to be a runner, you *will* be a runner. Enjoy it. You will be great!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am a c25k graduate and I can not say enough about what a great program it is. You're doing great -- keep it up and enjoy. :smile:
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's ok to feel that way. Like everything else, your body will get used to it. I'm not a runner myself, and I am doing a 5k in July so I started couch to C25K on Wednesday. I like how it lets you start off the way that it does. Keep up the good work. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • rnrsmum
    rnrsmum Posts: 3
    Options
    Im on week 5 day 2 tonight and am really enjoying it, on my first day of it I thought I was dying, tonights run is two 8 min runs eeeek!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've got my third run of week one tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.
    I'm addicted already! Keep up the good work!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Two years ago this program changed my life. Good for you for making a smart decision for your health!!!! You can DO it! Remember, it's not about speed, it's about changing your mind and body and getting used to running. One mistake people often make at the beginning is thinking they have to run fast or it doesn't count. That's baloney! Just do your best!
  • aw8899
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's amazing to see how many people actually use the c25k app. It is amazing and I do feel more energized and happy. It's a great way to start the day!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I just graduated c25k and am running my third race on saturday! Trust me if you think running 30/90 seconds is incredible to you, wait til you finish the longer runs...my first 20 minute run I pretty much almost cried lol. I'm running 3.1 miles without stopping now, though it takes me 50 minutes...but being able to run for 50 minutes straight is in itself amazing to me lol. The biggest thing I'd say is to slow down when you run...I know you want to sprint as soon as the intervals come on, but the point is to build up your stamina to be able to run for longer...and trust me, marathoners dont sprint for 26.2 miles lol. When you run just find a comfortable pace. i've read that in the early weeks if you can't carry on a conversation while you're running, you're going too fast...so maybe try to slow down and see if that increases the length of time you can run for. good luck :)
  • aw8899
    Options
    Courtneymal17: Thank you and congratulations!!!!! That's amazing and I am proud of you. I can't wait to get to that point. It seems so far away but it will get there one step at a time. Keep up the amazing works and thank you for your encouragement.
  • 100over
    100over Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm trying to get up the guts to get started. I'm not an "outdoors" runner. I prefer the treadmill, but I want to prove myself with any exercise routine before i pay that expense.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two. I am also addicted to this program. The app makes it so easy to follow too.