HUNGRY

Options
I've been having this problem the past few days. I've been HUNGRY all day. Even with eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I'm not talking about being bored and feeling like eating. I mean tummy growling hunger pains HUNGRY.

I've been tracking my food and eating healthy for about a month and a half now with pretty awesome results. I don't own a scale, so I don't know how much weight I've lost, because that's not really my goal (I hate the focus on numbers!), but I now fit into some old pants and I have felt really energized and great lately.

SO why am I so HUNGRY???

Replies

• sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was hungry (starving!) when I changed my eating pattern. Its gotten better now - basically because I have added some carbs and am not being so 100% strict anymore.
    Could it be that you aren't eating enough for your body? Can't see your diary so I don't know if you are on or under your calorie allocation.
    I saw that you have recently moved to Italy? How are you finding it? Where are you? My hubby is from Milan. :-) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It really could be that I've been eating too few calories. I guess I'm lost on how to eat more while staying healthy. I ate breakfast, two lunches, snacks, and dinner last night and was hungry all day! I usually hit around 1000 cals, but I've been eating all the time!

I live about an hour north of Venice. I love it =)

I also made my food diary open =)
  • hope2005r
    hope2005r Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Typically we should be eating about 1200 cals aday to loss weight and about 1400-1600 to maintain. Try to eat as many fruits and veggies as you can for snacks and part of meals because they are low cal and you can typically eat alot of them for not that many cals! I know it's easier said than done because I'm a breadhead and tend to want carbs over plants ;) I have started eating more carrots, tuna, and sundried tomatoes yum! That makes a very yummy low cal lunch full of protien. Also if your a carb lover like me try to stick to complex carbs..brown rice, oatmeal, and whole wheats. :)
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    EAT!!! Judging by your diary, you aren't eating enough. You can search all over these boards about macros and eating back exercise calories. You have alot of days where you aren't even eating 1000 calories, let alone eating back exercise calories. Hunger is just your body's way of telling you it needs more fuel so it keeps from eating itself (and not just the fat!)
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You are simply not eating enough and the foods you are eating are quite calorie dense. You could choose much better options for your calorie allowance.

If you want some ideas take a look at my diary.

Try to eat fresh foods packed with fibre as you will feel fuller for longer.

I often have days where my calorie intake is as low as yours but I physically eat more during that day as I am eating better options.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Youre not eating consistently as per your food log entries...

You are in fact eating alot of prepackaged/packed foods...if it isnt fresh, the body is going to digest it extremely fast and your body is going to require more food because it didnt get the proper nutrition it should have been getting.

I see alot of 'quick add calorie' entries - you really should be spending the time to enter all the information.

Consider eating more healthier foods and get the variety that your body needs every meal, every day.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    You don't need a answer to the obvious.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I know it's scary to eat more but really it's the best way! I've done just about every diet out there and it's impossible to maintain long term. These days I'm eating between 1400-2000 calories depending on my workout schedule. I eat a really big breakfast, about 400-600 calories (again depending on the workout that day) starting with a smoothie before my workout and oatmeal after. I've been steadily losing 1-2 lbs a week and rarely do I have hungry days! I'm 5'2" and started at 189, now I'm at 178.2 and still going!
  • Nikiki
    Options
    Don't be rude, it's far more difficult for women to get used to eating proper amounts than for men. From a very young age it's drilled into our heads that we need to eat as low calorie as possible to stay skinny and that scrawny is the ideal. Watch a few commercials and you'll see what I mean, the men get the snack and real portion sizes while commercials targeting women are the low fat low cal micro sizes. It take a lot for a woman to overcome all that brainwashing and figure out what really works long term.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I would start eating more cals a day. Also start tracking your sodium and fiber. If you eat more protein and fiber they will help you feel fuller for longer periods of time. Are you drinking plenty of water? Try drinkng a glass of water before every meal. I would also try and step away from all the pre-prepared and processed foods. Add more fruits and veggies.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Eat More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BethicaJ
    BethicaJ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't be rude, it's far more difficult for women to get used to eating proper amounts than for men. From a very young age it's drilled into our heads that we need to eat as low calorie as possible to stay skinny and that scrawny is the ideal. Watch a few commercials and you'll see what I mean, the men get the snack and real portion sizes while commercials targeting women are the low fat low cal micro sizes. It take a lot for a woman to overcome all that brainwashing and figure out what really works long term.

Well said!!
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options

Well said!!

Thank you!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I've been having this problem the past few days. I've been HUNGRY all day. Even with eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I'm not talking about being bored and feeling like eating. I mean tummy growling hunger pains HUNGRY.

I've been tracking my food and eating healthy for about a month and a half now with pretty awesome results. I don't own a scale, so I don't know how much weight I've lost, because that's not really my goal (I hate the focus on numbers!), but I now fit into some old pants and I have felt really energized and great lately.

SO why am I so HUNGRY???

I can't stress this enough if you are not getting in PROTEIN with each meal ADD it in. Your snacks can include high in protein and fiber. I guarantee you will stay full LONGER.
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary for some ideas....STAY AWAY from processed foods.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Love this!!

I agree with everything said here, I've been eating an average of around 1400 (aiming for 1200 but eating back exercise cals) and I've been losing a steady 1lb a week and I'm rarely hungry. When I do have a hungry day then I eat! Just reach for the healthy option - fruit, veggies, wholemeal pitta, yoghurts are some of my favourite low cal snacks. xxx
  • Nikiki
    Options

Well said!!

Thank you!

Thanks! I hate comments that are so unconstructive! Be helpful or don't bother to respond ;)
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Quite a few people have never changed their eating from when they were active in their younger life. Most of us who have went from high school with all kinds of free to cheap extracurricular activities to College, being married having kids, getting jobs in the AC, Yet we still eat the same and don't move.

When you start on you change you need to see where you have changed you lifestyle.
    Other than the tweak of going more fresh because you now buy your own foods, you could have continued to eat the same amount with less exercise.

Basically what I am saying is- You just needed to add exercise without cal restrictions. Avoid white carbs, and corn products these are the real fat makers for younger peeps, they can make your blood sugar all screwy.
  • kelatoya2011
    Options
    Take the hunger pains as a great sign, just means that your metabolism has speeded up and your body knows when its getting closer to the times your about to eat:-) keep up the good work!
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Really, then why bother commenting!