Couple of things I've been able to notice....

Options
... when it comes to weight gain.

I ate a numerous time with my colleagues, and I observed what they eat on a daily basis.

OBS n°1 : Eating a lot doesn't make you gain, being sedentary kills you

I studied 3 colleagues

- Two are sedentary
They eat around 1300-1450 calories per day. Both are very tall. The first one is slightly gaining weight, while he doesn't eat that much, the second one has a stable weight, he seems to have a smaller appetite (during a seminary, his breakfasts were smaller than the other one). The one who is not gaining is walking to take the subway everyday, the other one has his car.

It is enough to notice that you have nothing to fear when it comes to eating, being active makes you body disposes well of the nutrients.

Note : In a couple of months I added around 2000 calories per day, and the weight is stable.

- One plays soccer once in a while
He seems to have a bigger appetite, I'm not so sure but he seems to gaining slowly, the difference with the two other ones is he likes fatty food, het's always having there and that chocolate everyday.

I think the day you are starting to have the couch-style, you woud watch your plate, when you are active, you can eat a lot, appart retaining water, nothing will happen to you (a lot : in accordance with your goals)

OBS n°2 : Eat your vegies
Everytime we went to the restaurant, they were all eating the small crackers and stuff before being served, but they barely eat their vegies, systematically on their plates was left tomatoes, brocolis, etc...

OBS n°3 : Work and coffee, coffee and sugar
We all love drinking coffee, 5,6, sometimes 8 or 9 per day. Most of them systematically put sugar into the coffee. No matter the size, it's was alway the same dose of sugar

OBS n°4 : Events and sweet stuff to eat
At work, it's always one's birthday, one customer happiness,etc... we end to have almost everyday nice bakeries to work. Most of them systematically pick one, sometimes several times per week. (with a sugar-ed coffee)

Conclusion
As long as you are active, you won't use your food as sedentary people do, so enjoy ;-)

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I agree completely. Nice post
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!

Today was my cheat meal day and I had a chocolate mousse at my work, a customer commented that that was going to make me get fat. So.. 300 calories is going to make me fat when I try to eat healthily every other meal of the week? Whilst it is still within my calories and I'm wokring on my feet 8 hours that day and going for a 2-3 hour walk... sure :/
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I was told "man you are going to gain" - targeting my spartan plate. I replied "Define your terms"
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!

Today was my cheat meal day and I had a chocolate mousse at my work, a customer commented that that was going to make me get fat. So.. 300 calories is going to make me fat when I try to eat healthily every other meal of the week? Whilst it is still within my calories and I'm wokring on my feet 8 hours that day and going for a 2-3 hour walk... sure :/

I wish people would mind their business and not make comments like that. They aren't helping the situation by making people feel bad about enjoying a portion controlled food.

I agree about not gaining weight but I don't think it's healthy for them to eat bad food. If you eat too much sugar or fat and work out I still think you would have cholesterol or diabetes when you get older from eating too much unhealthy foods.
    Some people are very thin and don't gain weight at all. They can sit on their *kitten* and drink 8 cans of pop and eat candy and chips and smoke cigarettes all day. I know a few of them.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    RAZ have you heardof the NEAT theory?

Basically those who are not sedentary in there day to day lives, ie a constant flow of activity whether it be walking to the work printer or kitchen every 20 to 30 minutes, tend to be leaner.

Good post brah
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    i thought this was obvious
  • 2monthstogo
    Options
    LOL People are stupid.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    i thought this was obvious

What wasn't obvious is that it's not the eating the issue here, it's the sedentary life. You don't gain by pigging out, you gain by being sedentary
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Horizon had a doc on "the truth about Exercise" - you may still be able to watch this on bbciplayer?? But it was just pointing out the basics, like take the stairs instead of the lift, standing instead of sitting if your on the phone at work, then pace up and down - basically keep moving. They also found that people with a nervous dispossession (not sure if I spelt that correctly) like constantly fidgeting, or tapping their fingers, shaky their knees etc are more likely to be thin regardless of what they eat. so well said - keep moving!

x