How many of you have a calorie goal of 1200 or less?

Options

Replies

• pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    same here 1200, hit me up as a friend
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple at breakfast, when I have time to eat breakfast. I go with oatmeal or a sweet n salty bar. Sometimes i'll cook egg whites and add veggies or stop for a egg white flatbread on my way to work.

Im not very creative and I dont have alot of time to cook so If its easy and low cal im eating it.
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Me too :\ and I'm on a very strict budget.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Me too ! pretty tough ! Exercise really helps though !
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Me too ! pretty tough ! Exercise really helps though !
    and me. but it gets easier as you get used to it and realize the more healthy the food you choose to eat, the more you can eat.
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a calorie goal of exactly 1200 calories a day. It is hard because I cannot treat myself to certain foods, but by using portion control and watching what I eat. By eating the right foods I am never hungry! Please anyone else with the same goal add me as a friend and share your food diary! I am always searching for new low low calorie meals!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Me too! Add me!
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    Mine was 1200 and then I updated my profile because I am not working out 5 or 6 days a week. It boasted up my allowed calories by over 200 a day!
  • Jewelz87
    Jewelz87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i am dealing with the 1200 cal diet. it's really good because it really limits your food. it kind of makes you eat healthy food if you wanna eat alot fo food.
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    thanks, I will check these out!
  • charlaic
    charlaic Posts: 7
    Options
    me too. it is so hard!
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do. If you do too add me as a friend.

I do too. Some days I go over 1200 and I'm still starving and then other days it's all I can do to eat enough to get to 1200.

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do ... it is hard, but I only have a 440 cal deficit so eating more will only maintain ... I am not a great exercise person although I do walk some ... feeling good, down 43 lbs over 8 months.

It is all about portion control and I eat lots of little meals through the day ... oatmeal and coffee and a little milk for breakfast, save fruit and dairy for snacks, sensible lunch and supper. If I do have cookies or pudding, buy the individual package because I know if I open a big box, I have a hard time not taking just "one more" ...

9 lbs to go to my "first goal" ... ultimately I would like to lose a total of another 22 lbs, but look and feel so much better .... and at age 70 that is a GOOD thing!
  • beanowl
    beanowl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200, but ever since I started eating healthier (I mostly only eat fruits, veggies, eggs, chicken and rice), I've been finding it really difficult to reach 1200 calories. I have a hard time eating even 1000 calories most days. :'(
  • karonbrinkley
    Options
    I am on 1300 and trying to get 1200 and I am a little short each day.I have tried to add more protein to get the calorie intake up.This is surprising to me. I had to be eating a whole lot of calories to get at this weight and now that I have lost and making wiser choices,it is hard to get this up to 1200.
  • karonbrinkley
    Options
    I may add a few nuts to my diet to add some calories,plus these are good for you.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me 1000 calories. When I first started, last September 2011 I was gung ho. I even got through the holidays, exercised ate healthy, now in April I have much less willpower. I have gained a few pounds since I went over. It is very hard to stay under 1000 calories, for me anyway.
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    I do. If you do too add me as a friend.

I did initially when I set my settings to lose 1.5 or 2.00lb per week. I changed my settings to lose .5 lb a week and it was changed from 1200 to 1380 or something, this is actually helping to lose more weight than I did with 1.5/2.00 lb per week setting....:)
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I do, when I can stick to it.
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's awesome!! IT IS REALLY HARD TO STAY BELOW 1200. But I'm loving it because to stay under I have to stay active. I just started swimming. I am going to try to swim everyday for 30 minutes and do the treadmill at night for 30 minutes. I will start lifting weights soon. That should help. If you can PLEASE share your typical breakfast lunch and dinner.

For breakfast I have a protein shake made of:
    1/2 medium banana
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1/4 cup strawberry slices
    1 scoop egg white protein powder
    1 cup Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Almond Milk
    Ice

Makes a 10-20 oz shake and only has 275 calories!