Light headed? from weight loss??

Options
Hi guys! I thought i'd ask the question here to see if anyone else has this. I've been feeling light headed for about 6 weeks now. Only happens if i bend down, or stand from sitting or lying. I dont know if this is a result of the weight loss? or something else? is it something i should be concerned about? its starting to annoy me. it makes me out of breath sometimes when the actual light headed feeling is happening. If i'm out walking and i bend down to my daughter in the pram, i get the light headed feeling and i feel tired for a few minutes, so my pace slows for a while.

I eat sensibly. About 1300-1400 cals a day. I do drink water, maybe 4 glasses a day. I've been talking iron tablets for the last week but no difference yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?????

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Could be dehydration or low blood pressure, or both. Try drinking more water?
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    You might also want to check with your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on with your body, especially if it has lasted this long.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Do you take a multi vitamin? You might have vitamin B or vitamin D deficiency. I had the same problem and I was vit D deficient. Go to your doctor and ask for blood tests
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your GP?

Are you sure you're eating enough? 1300-1400 is still low for someone who exercises.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Could be dehydration or low blood pressure, or both. Try drinking more water?

I have the same problem, and the above was what I was told from a doctor. They also stated to try eating protein throughout the day as well as getting 9+ glasses of water.

They also said for me to try to measure it routinely throughout the day to see how I am doing. If it continues for you though, I'd see a doctor. Everyone is different - and it's always better to be safe than sorry. :-)
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Do you take Blood Pressure Meds? I was having this issue as well. My Blood Pressure meds were too high of a dose for my new weight and activity level. Once I adjusted them, I felt MUCH better.