Slim Quick or Metabolife?

Options
Does anyone use these supplements? I tried them for a month each and didn't notice a difference. I was also exercising and eating within my 1200 cal diet.

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Neither...Ive seen better results the natural way changing the way I eat completly and excercising..No diet pill I ever took in life could compare... but if you must try them both and see which works better for you Good luck:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    edit didnt mean to post twice:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I tried diet pills a couple times and thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Be careful with those. :flowerforyou:

And Shanta's right, eating right & exercising is the only way to go, and it's easier on your pocketbook! :wink:
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    tried every diet pill on the market. Nothing has ever worked for me.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i tried slim quick once, it was soooo nasty and i was soooo full i didnt want to eat! i wont do supplements anymore. I screwed my body up too much already to continue when im the healthiest ive ever been!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Nothing worked this time around, until I started eating enough!! (Instead of too little).

I used Metabolife after the birth of my 2nd child, and I lost a lost of weight. Not sure in pounds, but went from a size 12 to a size 4. Gained about 20 of that back (mostly due to alcohol and divorce) over the next 5 years.
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    I've tried many different diet pills, sometimes multiple kinds at the same time. I had weight loss with a couple of them, but I also had side effects. It wasnt worth it. Besides, if it were that easy, I wouldnt be back here trying to lose the weigh, yet again. Trust me, I do wish it was that easy because sometimes I just dont have the energy to workout or want some chocolate, but I'm learning it takes some effort, consistency, and a lot of determination. Besides, I really enjoy qucik results. I love to see outcomes immediately. I think they call that immediate gratification. :wink: I beleive that is why I love to vacuum the carpets, I absolutely love to hear the dirt getting sucked up and see the carpet iimediately transformed. LOL! Silly, I know. Anyway, keep pushing forward. I have faith in you. You can do this. We will have our up days and our down days, but we just have to keep gettting up and fighting the good fight.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to curb your appetite then I'd go with slim shots. I used them to help get on track with my calorie intake. They have no stimulants so they can be taken anytime which was good cause I liked to eat my snacks at night. I also take 1-2 Green Tea Fat Burner 30-60 min before I work out. I find that I can push my self more and have more energy. Just be careful about what pills you are taking.
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    Nothing worked this time around, until I started eating enough!! (Instead of too little).

I used Metabolife after the birth of my 2nd child, and I lost a lost of weight. Not sure in pounds, but went from a size 12 to a size 4. Gained about 20 of that back (mostly due to alcohol and divorce) over the next 5 years.

What kind of side effects did you experience with Metabolife? My friends mom bought it back for her back in highschool and I wondered what kind effects this might cause, especially on someone whose body is still growing and developing.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options

What kind of side effects did you experience with Metabolife? My friends mom bought it back for her back in highschool and I wondered what kind effects this might cause, especially on someone whose body is still growing and developing.

I don't recall any side effects. I didn't actually notice that I was losing weight until I went to buy some new jeans :noway: . But I was definately NOT still developing (had this particular child at age 35). Personally, if it were my child, I would not allow them to take any pills for weight control, except under a doctor's supervision. Their health and future habits are much too important.
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    StormieWeather...I agree. It is so important to develope good life habits are they are learned very early in life. parents buying diet pills for teens sounds like it could really impact a teens self-esteem in a negative fashion as well as promote the idea that there is a quick fix for weight loss.
  • jackieschuetzle
    Options
    I tried Metablolife and it made my chest feel thick like I would have a heart attach. Not worth the cost.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've tried many different diet pills, sometimes multiple kinds at the same time. I had weight loss with a couple of them, but I also had side effects. It wasnt worth it. Besides, if it were that easy, I wouldnt be back here trying to lose the weigh, yet again. Trust me, I do wish it was that easy because sometimes I just dont have the energy to workout or want some chocolate, but I'm learning it takes some effort, consistency, and a lot of determination. Besides, I really enjoy qucik results. I love to see outcomes immediately. I think they call that immediate gratification. :wink: I beleive that is why I love to vacuum the carpets, I absolutely love to hear the dirt getting sucked up and see the carpet iimediately transformed. LOL! Silly, I know. Anyway, keep pushing forward. I have faith in you. You can do this. We will have our up days and our down days, but we just have to keep gettting up and fighting the good fight.

That's funny!!! That must be why I love to shampoo carpets. Well I should say I like the outcome. As far as the diet pills, neither is good. I have tried everything even prescription pills and you may lose weight but you will gain it back as soon as you get off of them. It's not healthy to lose weight that quick either. I've seen people who have lost weight really quick and they don't look healthy at all. It makes them look tired and older. Just do it the natural way you will feel so much better.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Is that you in that picture? If so is it recent?
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Metabolife is the only diet pill that I have ever tried. I was very jittery and sick to my stomach, and it progressed to the point that I was feeling very ill. The only way they were going to help me lose weight was because I was too sick to move off of the couch! I swore that I would never take them again. My sister had the same experience.
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    Is that you in that picture? If so is it recent?

Who me? If so, yes. THat is me. That was a prom pic from my senior year. 2003. This was when I was taking 1 or 2 Phys Ed Classes per semester(I had all but 2 credits to graduate so I got to take some fun classes just to fill up my day) and spending lots of time at the pool. This was also before 2 pregnancies, a diagnosis of PCOS, and my thyroid getting out of whack again. LOL! I was actually a bit underweight there, which you cant tell by the pic. Id just like to get within 20lbs of that weight though. I miss being thin. I feel miserable in this body.

As far as shampooing the carpets...That is so funny that you said that because I forgot to mention it. That is another one of the chores that I love doing. Although, sometimes I will put towels down and step on them to help the carpet dry faster. I really like seeing the end result. LOL!
  • MylindaMontroy
    Options
    For those of you who miss Metabolife ;-))
    I recently got involved with a company who has teamed up with the formulator of Metabolife.

When ephedrine was taken off the market, the formulator of Metabolife went back into the lab in order to create a new product that gave the same results without the side effects ephedrine gave some people. After more than 6 years in the lab, she finally got it!

Her new product was just introduced to the marketplace on January 28th, 2011. It addresses 3 major problems, appetite, mood and energy. I have been taking the product for the last 6 weeks and lost more than 13 pounds without even changing my diet or exercising! It gives me all kinds of energy and increases my focus... I absolutely LOVE IT!

To find out how to get a free sample or learn more about the product you can give me a jingle at 702.518.6363 or e mail me at mylinda73@gmail.com

Cheers,
    Mylinda