woo hooo--------

Options
:smile: Hey everyone, I just wanted to tell ya all about a triumph I had tonight. I wogged !!!! I walked/ jogged 2 miles !!! I jogged quite a bit of it ! Probably half of it. This is my first attempt at jogging since I've lost weight. I think If I do this wogging every night I can for a couple of months I'll be a full fledged jogger !! I am so very happy and proud !!! I've ALWAYS wanted to be a jogger !!!! Cindy :heart:

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! :D
  • artichoke
    Options
    HOORAY!!!! that's fantastic!!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That's a huge accomplishment! You'll notice your body start to change even faster!
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You mileage continues to be encourage to me to get moving.:flowerforyou:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    You GO Girl:happy: You'll really see results for sure! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    people are saying "you'll really see a difference" because the OP has started getting more exercise... I've lost a lot of weight just by cutting calories and I HATE to exercise. But I'm thinking that my blissful inactivity is going to have to come to an end if I want to lose the last 15 pounds... And I do want to get more healthy. Can anyone give me some idea of the benefits of exercising as opposed to simply eating less? Since I AM seeing results by eating less, do I really have to exercise?? I REALLY don't want to do it... *whine* Someone tell me why I should
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Cindy, that is wonderful, what a accomplishment, you should be proud.

Bonnie, the benefits are many and I don't know hardly any of them, but I believe it speeds up your metabolism, make you feel great, once you get in a habit of it, lets you eat more food, your exercise calories and tones your body. I am sorry you don't like it, I didn't think I would either but when I exercise in the mornings it gets my whole day off right!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    people are saying "you'll really see a difference" because the OP has started getting more exercise... I've lost a lot of weight just by cutting calories and I HATE to exercise. But I'm thinking that my blissful inactivity is going to have to come to an end if I want to lose the last 15 pounds... And I do want to get more healthy. Can anyone give me some idea of the benefits of exercising as opposed to simply eating less? Since I AM seeing results by eating less, do I really have to exercise?? I REALLY don't want to do it... *whine* Someone tell me why I should
    I know for me exercise is just as important as the food. I also love exercise for what it's doing for my heart,lungs and every part of my body. I know I have to exercise for the rest of my life if I want to keep the weight off. There are so many things you could do for exercise. There must be something out there you would enjoy doing. Make it fun . Cindy :heart:
  • kankan213
    Options

Exercise makes your body firmer. You gain muscle, and you would probably gain a noticeable amount of muscle when you first begin because you are inactive. When your body gains more muscle you can then burn more calories at rest. This is going to rev your metabolism and cause you to lose weight faster.
    For me exercise manages my stress, it keeps my self-esteem up, and it gives me more energy.
    It is hard to begin exercising, but once you start to feel the benefits you will not want to give it up.

:) It is well worth a half hour to an hour of your day to get out there and be active in some way. Calisthenics, running, anything. I was REALLY tired this morning and I went out and ran 6 miles and now I am not tired and much more productive! (I came home and finished a ton of work!)
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    Hmmm... maybe I should give it a try.

I walk on occassion (i.e. 2-3 times a week), pushing the stroller, but I don't really enjoy it. I like to dance.

How do you get started on an exercise program? What should I be looking to do? Walking doesn't really seem to be all that life-changing to me. haha
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that is great keep up the good work
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that is great keep up the good work
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... maybe I should give it a try.

I walk on occassion (i.e. 2-3 times a week), pushing the stroller, but I don't really enjoy it. I like to dance.

How do you get started on an exercise program? What should I be looking to do? Walking doesn't really seem to be all that life-changing to me. haha

There are plenty of dance exercise videos out there you could use. Basically you want to get your heart rate up to your target rate and keep it there for your work out. When you start getting in shape, you sleep better, are more alert, just overall feel better, and your body looks more toned than if you just diet.
  • SpazyK
    Options
    shinybonnie - Have you heard of Jazzercise? It's an amazing and FUN exercise program. I'm not sure if there are classes in your area, but if not try to get your hands on a video. Great workout that I would reccomend to anyone - it's the best I've ever come across. :bigsmile:
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    I haven't heard of it, SpazyK, but thank you for the information. Looks like I'm running out of excuses ... :laugh: