Hello! New here!

Options
Hola peeps! I'm not going to lie, i'm addicted to message boards, maybe because I don't have friends of my own haha! JK

so...a little about me. I am 5'9" and 155lbs. I would like to get down to 140 which is how much I weighed before I broke my toe (and then added 4lbs of saline) ha!

There are aspects about my body that I dislike...I have a little fat in the belly area that I would LOVE to get rid of AND I have a white girl flat booty. Got the Brazil Butt Lift workouts but....they just arent that interesting to me.

When it comes to food I lack self control. I can't seem to kick the soda habit!! I mostly don't drink more than 1 can of pepsi a day but lately have been trying harder to go at least every other day (got to wean myself!)

I used to be in the Army where I was forced to work out every day...now i'm a cop and work graveyard shift and go to court on Tuesdays, have an extra job on Sundays, and I'm a single mom...soo......I don't get to the gym as much as I would like. I need that extra motivation it takes!!!

My idol is Marzia Prince...OMG she is beautiful!! She is my height and 125lbs she is as fit as fit could be!!! Although I think from a side view she is TOO skinny so I think 135-140 0n me would look amazing.

Hope I get to know some of you and can help motivate you as much as I need the motivation!

Replies

• mjvasko
    mjvasko Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you've come to the right place!
  • honearth
    honearth Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Trying something new. Hope this works...Hope I can stick 2 it. I'm a mother of 9 (1 girl and 8 boys - ages 20-2 years). I don't exercise anymore. Pretty much just work on computer during school hours, run errands and shuttle children to games, rehearsals, interviews, jobs, appointments, you name it...Oh! Did I mention I'm a stay at home mom and I'm married. In need of losing at least 100 pounds for health and feeling happy reasons:happy: I figure I'd post a before and after pic once I lose at least 20 pounds...Let's get ready to rumble...
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    wow..you're super busy...good to see you here...keep logging on..whatever goals you want are yours...take them and own them
  • vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me, I'm online everyday. This site def. opened my eyes to the crap I was eating for the past few years, its a huge help!

I accept ALL friend requests!!
  • ecb1990
    ecb1990 Posts: 10
    Options
    Doesntplaynice: I am 5"2 and was 160 pounds when I first joined. My goals were the same (to cut back on stomach fat and actually form a butt haha)

For the buttt: There is an exercise, its called "quadrupled hip extensions". It sounds painful but its really easy: start on your hands and knees and slowly life your leg back, keeping your knee at a 90-degree angle until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. complete 10-15 reps and then switch your legs. I repeat this about 2-3 times a day and after about 3 weeks I am strarting to have a butt! I took it out of a magazine (first for women). They have alot of great tips if you want to check it out.

For the stomach fat: I found that the elliptical helps burn some calories (mostly in my legs) but running really helps tone down my stomach. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • ecb1990
    ecb1990 Posts: 10
    Options
    honearth: First off, wow i'm prou of you for deciding to get healthy! Sounds like you have a busy life! I would recommend to you the same thing that I recommended to my father who is sedentiary. You need to walk around and be more active. It is getting nice out and maybe you want to take your younger kids to the park and run/walk around with them. It owuld be a good bonding experience and you would be losing weight in the process. You also want to eat healthier, but take this one step at a time. If you eat alot of sugar or carbs in the day cut back on them a little at a time. I am a HUGE sugar fanatic and I started cutting my desserts in half after dinner and switching cucumbers for chips when I eat dip. Its little changes that really help. Good luck!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome Doesntplaynice & Honearth! :flowerforyou:

You both have come to the right play for information, ideas and support. Please feel free to add me as a freind.

ecb1990: Thanks for the exersize tip. I'll give it a try tonight.
  • acup1234
    acup1234 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am 5'4 and 181 lbs. I basically gained all my weight when I was in a horrible relationship a few years back and I haven't been able to lose it. I used to be so active but then life got in the way and here I am.
    I just started day 2 of Jillian MIchaels Body Revolution and I have muscles that are hurting that I didn't even know existed. I am a student taking acupuncture, and a nurse on the weekends. I work 8 or 12 hour shifts so my weekends are pretty packed and I go to school every day from Monday-Friday. I'm also pretty new to the whole message board thing, I decided to give it a try cause they say that if you have support you are likely to lose more weight! I am a big pasta fan and that is where I believe all this trouble began. My mother teases me that if I ever went to Italy and I would fit right in. I look forward to meeting some great people on this weight loss journey! I hope I can stick with it!