New From TN =D

Options
Hey everyone!! Not sure where to really to begin except I am looking for other people to help with tips and keep me in check when I fall off. My name is Megan and I am 5'11 and about 210. I am looking to become around 130-150 and develop muscle tone.

About a week ago, I went to a weight loss clinic because of some really good things I have heard from co workers about it. They give you a b12 shot with lipido. They give you also an appetite suprresant and set you up with a 75g of carbs a day. Well, to be honest. I like the b12 shot but the limit on carbs is killing me. I have googled about the carb thing and to me, I do not like this diet plan at all. It is all meats and cheese for me and I miss my fruits and veggies. So I do plan to keep on getting that shot for the extra boost of engery I lack but I want to stick to a low calorie diet and keep my fruits and veggies. I also currently work out 4 times a week but I want to bump that up to about 5 or 6.

About 4 of 5 years ago, I weighed about the same as I currently do now when I decided to make a change for myself. I stuck to healthy foods and worked out 6 days a week. Running was my addiction. I know what I did to have myself get to that same point again in my life and now I am on a mission to get out of this. With proof of my accomplishment those years ago, I have no excuse to say I can't do it again. The only difference is I am looking for others with the same motivation who can cheer me on and chew me out when I fall off, share tips and secrets and all around support system.

Can't wait to meet yall!! =DD

Btw..I haven't done anything with my profile yet, but I will!!! Im just being slow at it

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Well good luck Gal, there are a TON of super supportive people around here to help in your journey!!!!

If you would like to add me please feel free, just click on my name and go to my profile and ADD AS FRIEND!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan!I tried one of those types of diets, got the weight off (not as much as they wanted) but as soon as I started eating healthy, gained the weight back. And I've lost and gained back.... and lost and gained back...... and like you I'm tall, my heaviest was 221- I'm down to 185 and working to get down to 160. I'm in the same boat of knowing what I did wrong (granted some was an unknown food allergy, that now I know, I have it in control) and having no excuse not to get back down again. I agree the motivation, and accountability helps since this time I'm going it alone (as in, without a weight loss place/service/contract/expense.)

You can friend me if you want and we can cheer each other on and share tips, ect. so we can both get where we want to be with our goals.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community! Cheers to you and your new healthy lifestyle!
  • sting8989
    sting8989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HI! I have also done the low carb diet my self. It works yes but with some side effects. I lost around 40Lbs on basically the Adkins diet which I was excited about. However mantaining the weight loss is damn near impossible because once I reached my goal weight I decided to start adding some Carbs back into my diet. First mistake for me, once your body is used to having little to no carbs it goes kinda into carb shock which makes it store all of it as fat as you begin to introduce it back into your diet. Staying on a high protein diet also hurt my kidneys and took my Chl. through the roof and it is almost impossible to maintain a strickly meat and cheese diet.

I would be glad to be one of your friends as I am new here also and not looking to lose a few pounds but around 100 LBS. The support network here is fantastic. Complete strangers that do not judge was hard for me t accept at first but it is really motivating. Good luck and I can't wait to go on this journey with another freind.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Since I am also in TN, I thought I would drop a note and say welcome. I am also addicted to running - so if you happen to be in the Knoxville area and want a running partner from time to time, I would be happy to hit the Greenway with you!

I am currently on a 75g of carbs or less per day as an experiement to test my carb sensitivity and hopefully jumpstart the plateau that my body seems to have found comfort in. I stick to lean meats and have not had too much issue with the vegetables -- The mainstay of my diet right now is salads - but I still load up my tuna with celery and herbs. I do not shy away from broccoli, green beans, celery, carrots, onions, bell peppers, etc and have no issue staying well under in my carbs.

I also have discovered that a handful of almonds (5g carbs) or sunflower seeds in the afternoon really cures my desire for chips and salsa. I do miss having hummus and a wrap -- but for me this is just a temporary "experiment" -- keeping that perspective helps keep me on track - and once I have completed my self prescribed two weeks I will increase my carbs to 100-150g (especially on run days).

Welcome to MFP.