protein/carbs/calories/ fat

Options
I am 5'7" and weigh 210lbs looking to get to a mini goal of 170lbs....I am trying to follow a lower carb diet and was wondering how many gram of each i should be eating per day?

Any way i can find out??

Replies

• celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    you could do the diabetic diet , you have 1 carb (15grams) for breakfast , 2 carbs (30 grams) for snack , 3 carbs (45 grams) for lunch and dinner , this way you are eating every two hours , small meals and snacks , you have a total of 6 a day , 3 meals and 3 snacks , I lost 50 pounds doing it on bed rest no exercise , but remember anything you change is for life , the min you stop doing it you gain the weight back
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Set your protein at or a little bit under your body weight so like 200g and then set your fats relatively low like .3 of your bodyweight and then fill the rest of your calories in with carbs. No need to go light on the carbs as they don't make you fat eating an excess amount of calories overall will make you gain weight.
  • BigGirlKing44
    Options
    i was told by a good friend who is an RD you want to eat a protein any time you eat a carb. they help balance each other. if you can do this and stick to your daily allowed amount via My Fitness pal, this should work.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. I typically eat @ 100-110 grams of carbs and 130-140 grams of protein. (1200-1300 calories a day) but you will need more calories than that so ur protein carbs will be higher.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I have been lower carb for quite awhile. I changed my default settings on mfp to:
    40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat sometimes I go lower and do 45% protein, 25% carb, 30% fat

It's really up to you... easy to change and adjust until you find what works for you.

My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I use 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. I typically eat @ 100-110 grams of carbs and 130-140 grams of protein. (1200-1300 calories a day) but you will need more calories than that so ur protein carbs will be higher.

This is exacfty what I do.... my daily is 1300 now --- I cycle once in awhile from 1200-1500 to break a plateau or just to give my body a change, but usually stay 1300-1400. I often go over protein but that doesn't worry me too much :)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I do 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. I choose healthy fats and keep my sat fats under 17 grams. By setting the percentage targets, the grams will autopopulate and adjust for you when you exercise, etc.

I've found it pretty easy to do and have no concerns about my ability to maintain it long term. I couldn't go any lower carb because for me personally, it would be too hard to stick with.

Good luck!
  • tonyadurst
    tonyadurst Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    how do you figure this out in grams? im confused on the formula to figure this out?