Any other Brides to be out there?

Options
kzivic
kzivic Posts: 326 Member
I'm getting married in October...when we had our engagement photos taken, all I could see when I looked at the photos was how overweight I was, and not how happy I was. I DO NOT want that same feeling when I look at our wedding pictures.

We're just shy of 5 months away from the wedding, so my goal is to get my mind and my body back in a positive direction by October.

Any other brides-to-be out there with me in these goals??

Add me as a friend and we'll do it together!

Replies

• staceylouise6684
    Options
    Hey i am in your boat, i am getting married in September and now i onjly have just under 5 months (i thought) but my dress fitting is on the 7th June 2012 and have to lose all my weight by then as thats when they make my dress :-/ i started my diet on the 5th Jan 2012 and since then have lost 21lbs and now just 7lbs to go but have come to a stand still in 4 weeks i have lost 2lbs and its so hard to lose the last 7lbs.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Our wedding isn't until October or November 2013 so I have a lot of time.
  • hprozy
    hprozy Posts: 20
    Options
    My wedding is in July, just 10 weeks away! I really want to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks but we will see... my first fitting is mid may, I hope i'll be down 5 pounds my then and then I have a final fitting 2 weeks before the wedding. Luckily my dress is lace up in the back, so it can accommodation if i loose or gain weight. However its strapless and I really want my arms to look OK in the photos! add me as a friend if you would like!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married in October, on the 6th. I hear you about the photos. Although I am pretty close to my goal weight, or much closer than I was, I am now really concerned about toning my arms and back! I watch all of those cheesy bridal shows, and even a lot of thin girls' dresses make them have back fat blubbing over the top. That's my fear, and I just got my dress yesterday (at the Kleinfeld sample sale. Yay!), and lo and behold, I have back fat in it! I am going to add you, OP, and any other brides who want to add me, please feel free. I am tempted to buy one of those bride-specific workouts, hoping they will target the key areas to look great in a dress, but as we all know, planning a wedding costs soo much freaking money, so I may just restart doing the Biggest Loser workouts. Anyone else working on sculpting?
  • jap6955
    jap6955 Posts: 12
    Options
    i am getting married in 106 days. Just started Jillian Michaels 90day Body Revolution. Hopefully I can get rid of the ugly underarm fat. Good luck everyone!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am!!!!! I am actually getting married on May 18, 2012!!! So 2 weeks tomorrow. :) Feel free to add me.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hopefully in the next couple years I'll be a bride to be haha, and I have all these notions of what my dress will be like and engagement photos and so on and none of them involve this 203lb body.
  • limitlessB
    limitlessB Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I'm also getting married on July 28th~ and I want to feel better and look good! My goal is to loose 10lbs. Feel free to add me or any other bride out there. I can use some motivations!!! LimitlessB
  • CLBP9112
    CLBP9112 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm getting married in September and I just started using MFP. Im doing weight watchers and tracking on both weight watchers and here! I've lost 12 lbs so far but want to lose another 20lbs at least. Excited to support and motivate each other!!
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am getting married next March, so a little under a year! I have lost like 16 lbs so far but want to lose 10 more! We have our engagement shoot in less than a month so it would be GREAT if I could lose at least 5 more before then! Good luck ladies :)