200 Calorie 3PM snack

Options
I need some good options for a snack that I would eat around 3:00 PM. I have been running low on calories so I need something that is about 200-400. I tend to go to the gym around 5-5:30 so I know I need to have something between lunch and the gym but I haven't found a good solution. What complicates things is that I am usually at work and unable to really prepare anything or take time away from my desk to eat something. This is the snack that most often gets lost through the cracks but also one of the most important to keep me going through my workout.

In my mind, though I don't actually think this is the best choice, something like trail mix would work great because I could keep it at my desk and take out a serving without interrupting my "flow". But, I feel like I probably get too much grain as it is. I would love to find a way to make this a veggie snack because I can always stand to eat more veggies but I'm not a huge fan of them raw except in salads and a salad would take up too much of my focus at what is usually a busy time in my day. Maybe some kind of pasta-salad-esque snack that I could prepare at the beginning of the week and go through a little each day?

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Replies

• pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    A half cup of 1% fat cottage cheese with 5 whole wheat crackers and a sliced cucumber.
  • lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and celery stick!! thats my fave thing to eat before a workout, you can throw a FEW like 5 hahah crasins on it too
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Gazpacho and a slice of whole grain bread? Put the gazpacho in a chilled thermos to keep it cool.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Almonds and a piece of fruit.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Slice a banana and some fruit into a decent yoghurt (i.e. not a horrible sugary variety)? Usually comes in at around 170-200.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Nuts like almonds or walnuts. Measure out 30 g into a baggie or container before you leave for work.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Nuts, cheese, plain yogurt with mix ins, pita chips with hummus, granola bars, fresh fruits.

Not all at once of course :laugh: