belly dancing-new to this site!

Options
hello all
just joined up. I'm from Lee Creek BC and am on a mission to lose the 40 lb I gained while sitting on my butt in school for the last 2 1/2 years. The hardest thing to getting back on track was commiting...once I did that I was able to get up early with a biking buddy and amaze myself with riding all summer on 32 k bike rides. I also love my belly dancing classes-twice/week! For me it is hard to lose weight-even with extreme exercising and watching what I eat-I'm in 3D mode right now-dedicated, determined....and desperate!! lol Good luck to all you fellow fitness folks.

Replies

• babblingbarbie
    Options
    hello all
    just joined up. I'm from Lee Creek BC and am on a mission to lose the 40 lb I gained while sitting on my butt in school for the last 2 1/2 years. The hardest thing to getting back on track was commiting...once I did that I was able to get up early with a biking buddy and amaze myself with riding all summer on 32 k bike rides. I also love my belly dancing classes-twice/week! For me it is hard to lose weight-even with extreme exercising and watching what I eat-I'm in 3D mode right now-dedicated, determined....and desperate!! lol Good luck to all you fellow fitness folks.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Welcome BB,

I love it - 3D mode. I'm going to steal that one from you....if I may. I think I'll change mine to "Dedicated-Determined-and- Dolphins." I'm going to type up and place little signs around my house to remind me of my affirmation.

(I'm going to Bimini in May to swim with wild dolphins!) They are my biggest motivation.....

Thanks for that great idea!

~Cheryl
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb! There you are!! Been looking to see your name show up.
  • villamiller
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just joined too. Love the 3D affirmation. I live in Queensland, Australia, and plan to reach my long set goal with the use of the tools on this site.
    Cheers,
    Jan
  • redalee
    Options
    Queensland cool! I lived as a child in Port Hedlund (Hedland), it's been so long I can't even remember how to spell the durn thing. lol I want to go back so badly just to see if my memories as a little girl match up with being a married old lady, now.
  • Tess
    Tess Posts: 16
    Options
    hey welcome
    I love oriental dance as well. I teach and perform here in montreal. It's a great exercise if you do it correctly. Not only do you get a great cardio workout with all the traveling shimmies and jumping moves but you get a great full body workout with all the slow sensual controlled movements.

be careful though, i've noticed a lot of dance classes move slowly to accomidate for beginners so you won't be getting as many benifits as you think (i know i gained a bit when i started catoring more to beginners) so i always add yoga and other cardio or arobic classes in there in the week to make sure i'm getting enough exercise to stay in shape....but the good news, the step arobics class with weights is soo easy since i've been dancing alot, which means we get more out of bellydance than it feels like :)

good luck with your goals.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    I would compare myself to Shakira and always come up short! But, who wouldn't! Sounds like a fun workout.

CM
  • babblingbarbie
    Options
    hey it was sweet to check out the site and see that i had some responses to my intro! everyone is so upbeat and informative...yeah i got a few laughs on the 3D mode....hey you gotta laugh right! Hey Andrea...i found you too...i loved your story about your late night maneuvers....you are too funny. Belly dancing is my passion and my saviour....l love the laughter, the bonding and the exercise. The first time I saw the ladies dancing I was so impressed with how confident and beautiful everyone was...in all shapes, sizes and ages...that's what motivated me to join....I have always loved dancing and my self esteem about myself has risen considerably since I have shimmied with my gal pals!
  • redalee
    Options
    How's your week going?
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Barb!
    Iadmire your dedication and sense of humor! Keep it up!
  • babblingbarbie
    Options
    hi andrea and folks
    I am getting my belly dance costume ready to wear tomorrow at school for Halloween and it's cool because its bigger now that i've lost some inches!! I'm a little bummed out because i went too gung ho on my elliptic machine and my knees are killing me so I haven't been doing any exercising...and the Halloween candy is tempting me! After tomorrow I'm going to take it all to school and give it away..it will make both me and the kids happy. I think I will hang up this really sweet pair of pants that are a bit snug on my in my kitchen so that I will see them before i reach for the goodies. How do you copy the little smiley faces that are attached with the reply box to go on to my reply? ciao everyone!
    barb
  • redalee
    Options
    Hi Barb!
    You just click on them and it says smiley face or whatever, but once you post it, it shows up. They are so cute.:bigsmile: Have you hung up those pants yet? hee hee hee :laugh:
    You must be doing something right if the costume is too big.