How do you stay motivated!

Options
2»

Replies

• RunnerInTraining
    RunnerInTraining Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great advice and tips! You all rock!!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'll just say right now I have WILL POWER!! Me, myself & I are my motivation also my boyfriend, and my MFP friends.

Once I started, my boyfriend was hesitate to eat in front of me. Background: I used to pay for basically every dinner, every day which was around $20+ a day! Now, if he wants to eat out, he has to pay for himself. I don't eat out anymore. This has saved me soooo much money!! The first friggin day of my lifestyle change, I walked into the room and I said "do I smell Chinese?" and he said "yep". He didn't want to eat in front of me. I said "No, go ahead and eat." It was very hard that first day. May sound weird, but all I needed was to smell it. Smelling it doesn't take in calories. So worth it. Smelling the food he eats, although it smells so good, I remind myself on how bad it is for me. So now, whenever he gets something really good like last night it was Steak N' Shake, I had to smell it. I even encouraged him to fries with cheese. I'm so bad =x ..... atleast I didn't eat it!

I should add that he is on a diet as well, but he is on vacation this week and even not on vacation, he can still eat 2x as many calories as I do and still lose weight!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    food. The random realization that I can eat more when I work out. I love food.
  • spartymama
    Options
    Keep tracking even if you go over- at least that keeps you mindful of what you are eating and you can learn what foods are worth the calories. I also find this site motivates me to exercise by showing me how much more I can eat if I work out, and conversely how much I have to work out to burn off a small piece of junk food. MFP is a learning experience and they great thing is you get to do it with your mfp friends!
  • Zumbaqueenbev
    Options
    i no how u feel i used to be there too i had to find like excercise videos and things i enjoy and that r fun and not just excercise i love just dance 3 itz excercise but itz fun and now i have a new addiction ZUMBA but u find what u like and i'm telling u it will defintely get u fired up. and definetly get some good friends on MFP i am toosweet66 if u need support .one thing i dont do a whole lot is the scale it will disappoint u everytime maybe once a month for me they say every week not me u will see inches go probably before u see the scale move i no i didnt i knew i was losing when my clothes started fitting differently i was 263lbs now i'm 220 i don't remember how many inches i lost but i went from 22-24 to a 16-18 and i had no discipline and i tell everyone i talk to if i can do it anybody can and i also incorporated PRAYER itz was and still is a must for me because u no i could not do it without it. hope this helps TELL URSELF U CAN DO IT i had to keep telling myself the same thing
  • Zumbaqueenbev
    Options
    friend me if u like again i'm toosweet66 and i will get some other awesome friends for u because they have and is still helping me :)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every day and hold myself accountable. In two months, I'm riding the Trek Across Maine (a 180-mile 3-day bicycling event). I can drop 19 pounds off my bike weight by spending a few thousand dollars, or I can drop 19 pounds off my lazy *kitten* for next to nothin'. I'm cheap.
  • robbielagard
    robbielagard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Search thru the profiles and find you 2 or 3 friends. Try to pick 1 with the same goals as yourself and 2 with more weight to loose but are really serious. I have one freind that has been on FP for like 150 days and has lost about60 lbs. She has been a blessing to me as she answers any questions I have and is very supportive in my mission. This makes me strive to work out and burn calories that like she does. Then I have one that I try to be a support to. In my mindset , I know, I cannot support her if I am a failure. This also hepls me keep my eye on the prize
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I make a goal like when I lose 30 pounds I am going to get a tatoo, when I lose 60 I will get a belly button ring. might sound silly but these are things I have always wanted. I know I can 30 he 60 will be harder :( but its a goal for me!
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    you just have to make it up in your mind that this is what you want. that this is the life you chose. It's a mind set. Kind of like giving of cigarettes or something that's bad for you. It's a life decision. A choice to do this the rest of your life. its that simple ;)

^ ^ ^ This. :)

Agreed!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You make up your mind that you want to reach your goal. You do what it takes until you make that goal. No one can decide that but you. You just have to do it and not give up.

Everyone has days that are harder then others. For me, I just remind myself that I will do this and that I will be failing myself if I don't. It works for me.