Im Lost PLEASE HELP!! :)

Options
Im not new on here but lagg alot on logging in my food..Ive lost and gained in a year and it just gets depressing at times that I cant maintain my healthy eating and excecise routines....I was also wondering if Im doing this right? can anybody see this post?? I would Love to meet new friends, i know we would have at least one thing in common :happy: I need all the motivation I can get

Replies

• kwd47
    kwd47 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are doing the Message Board thing right. We can see your post.

I don't have any great wisdom that will be the magic pill of consistency.
    But, there is a whole community around you. Use us. Stay connected.

Believe.

Just Go For It, katattak73!

My only advice... Focus on food first. Understand it. The right foods and the right amounts.
  • timamima
    timamima Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, Once you are Ready to lose weight (mentally ready) then the weight will come off. Set a Goal. My goal was to lose weight before my of my sisters wedding. I started to see a nutritionist. .....Every week the weight was coming off......I then realized I needed to do this for myself and It worked.....I lost 66lbs a few years ago ....Although it is daily struggle ....I gain and lose all the time now especially when I get off track mentally its crazy.........I suggest you change your eating habits slowly and add some exercise. you will not believe how fast the weight comes off but changing a few things. Weight yourself every day same day and around same time either AM or Evening.........weight fluctuates throughout the day. and also very important to use online food journal.... Hope this helps.
  • 37poohbear
    Options
    :smile: My advice to you is that you should watch what you eat. Eat every 2 hrs but little meaning small meals and every night go on here and add it in,also you can chat with friends too ohh also do yr best to walk for 20 mins or get a dvd workour. I do the 1 mile walk and it works when i do it. I am making the dvd part of my life and i am trying to do it each day or every other day and walk at night for 20 mins. I will be here for you always and i do treat night 1a wkk and say if my weigh in is thurs then i make sure that i do it before sunda. You can add me if u like

Poohbear
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    HI! I think you'll do great as long as you are consistant in logging. This is a really great place to meet like minded and inspiring people. I have lost and gained weight many times and I think MFP will finally make all the difference in the world for me. I have always fell off the health wagon because I lacked real accoutability and this time I'll have it. If you just stick with change will come and eventually you'll want to do this all the time! So very addicting. LOL fell free to add me for support!
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Support is really the biggest thing in my opinion. This is tough work and you need soneone to congratulate you when you do well and you hold your hand when you are discouraged. Please don't go at it alone, you don't need to!!

The second biggest thing for me is exercise. I have never been too interested in exercise before and now I am, the weight is coming off! Finally!!

Set yourself small goals in the beginning to help you establish good eating and exercise habits and to get your spirits up! Before long you will be down to your perfect size and it'll stay off!

Feel free to add me ;)) Good luck with it!
  • jumpshotxpert
    Options
    Hey, support really is one of the biggiest motivations for losing weight. My fiance and I just started working out again to get our beach bodies back. Ordered Insanity and it should arrive tomorrow. We have been doing the Pure cardio and Pure cardio abs workout on the Insanity program, a friend let us borrow the disk until ours arrives. Finding a good support partner is the best way to keep it going. Anyway, good luck with your weightloss and getting healthy!

Matt
  • katattak73
    katattak73 Posts: 143
    Options
    thank you so much, see i didnt even realize i had all these responses ;)
  • katattak73
    Options
    Yes, you are doing the Message Board thing right. We can see your post.

I don't have any great wisdom that will be the magic pill of consistency.
    But, there is a whole community around you. Use us. Stay connected.

Believe.

Just Go For It, katattak73!

My only advice... Focus on food first. Understand it. The right foods and the right amounts.
    thank you!!
  • katattak73
    Options
    Hi, Once you are Ready to lose weight (mentally ready) then the weight will come off. Set a Goal. My goal was to lose weight before my of my sisters wedding. I started to see a nutritionist. .....Every week the weight was coming off......I then realized I needed to do this for myself and It worked.....I lost 66lbs a few years ago ....Although it is daily struggle ....I gain and lose all the time now especially when I get off track mentally its crazy.........I suggest you change your eating habits slowly and add some exercise. you will not believe how fast the weight comes off but changing a few things. Weight yourself every day same day and around same time either AM or Evening.........weight fluctuates throughout the day. and also very important to use online food journal.... Hope this helps.
    Thank you..everything helps ;)
  • cazriley41
    Options
    Hi im new to this as well, seem to be eating every 2-3 hrs but seem to be more hungry lol, im well within my calorie intake so hopefully im doing right. :smile
  • katattak73
    Options
    :smile: My advice to you is that you should watch what you eat. Eat every 2 hrs but little meaning small meals and every night go on here and add it in,also you can chat with friends too ohh also do yr best to walk for 20 mins or get a dvd workour. I do the 1 mile walk and it works when i do it. I am making the dvd part of my life and i am trying to do it each day or every other day and walk at night for 20 mins. I will be here for you always and i do treat night 1a wkk and say if my weigh in is thurs then i make sure that i do it before sunda. You can add me if u like

Poohbear

yes thats what ive been trying to do, i need more movement..Thank You
  • katattak73
    Options
    HI! I think you'll do great as long as you are consistant in logging. This is a really great place to meet like minded and inspiring people. I have lost and gained weight many times and I think MFP will finally make all the difference in the world for me. I have always fell off the health wagon because I lacked real accoutability and this time I'll have it. If you just stick with change will come and eventually you'll want to do this all the time! So very addicting. LOL fell free to add me for support!

Thank You, much apreciated!
  • katattak73
    Options
    Support is really the biggest thing in my opinion. This is tough work and you need soneone to congratulate you when you do well and you hold your hand when you are discouraged. Please don't go at it alone, you don't need to!!

The second biggest thing for me is exercise. I have never been too interested in exercise before and now I am, the weight is coming off! Finally!!

Set yourself small goals in the beginning to help you establish good eating and exercise habits and to get your spirits up! Before long you will be down to your perfect size and it'll stay off!

Feel free to add me ;)) Good luck with it!

Thank You..yes i need alot of support daily ;)
  • katattak73
    Options
    Hey, support really is one of the biggiest motivations for losing weight. My fiance and I just started working out again to get our beach bodies back. Ordered Insanity and it should arrive tomorrow. We have been doing the Pure cardio and Pure cardio abs workout on the Insanity program, a friend let us borrow the disk until ours arrives. Finding a good support partner is the best way to keep it going. Anyway, good luck with your weightloss and getting healthy!

Matt

Thank you matt
  • Kyerra86
    Kyerra86 Posts: 1
    Options
    I recently added the "myfitnesspal" app to my phone. It makes it so much easier to keep track of my food and exercise when I don't have to wait to get to the computer to log it!!!
  • katattak73
    Options
    Hi im new to this as well, seem to be eating every 2-3 hrs but seem to be more hungry lol, im well within my calorie intake so hopefully im doing right. :smile

itll get easier and youll find yourself more cautious of what your eating...im sure youll do great!
  • yfwilliams1993
    Options
    Hello eveyone,
    I am new to this. I decided about 2 months ago to change my lifestyle for he better and stopped smoking. Now I am wanting to continue with the change and loose weight because I am overweight. If there are any suggestions opinions etc that can be give please advise I am open to anything.

I currently am trying to change what I eat but with kids and a husband its hard to get them to comply. I have begun to exercise. I walk and I also use the Your Shape game for Kinect. I am also looking for friends to support me as I will also support them. Cant do it alone :)
  • katattak73
    Options
    I recently added the "myfitnesspal" app to my phone. It makes it so much easier to keep track of my food and exercise when I don't have to wait to get to the computer to log it!!!

thats for sure ..although my app was acting crazy last night..but still love it ...good luck!
  • katattak73
    Options
    Hello eveyone,
    I am new to this. I decided about 2 months ago to change my lifestyle for he better and stopped smoking. Now I am wanting to continue with the change and loose weight because I am overweight. If there are any suggestions opinions etc that can be give please advise I am open to anything.

I currently am trying to change what I eat but with kids and a husband its hard to get them to comply. I have begun to exercise. I walk and I also use the Your Shape game for Kinect. I am also looking for friends to support me as I will also support them. Cant do it alone :)

you keep doing what your doing and stay focused! i too have trouble with the husband and kids but thats when you have to have control of yourself especially if your not making healthy meals and make excecise fun for the whole family or just take that time out for just you if you can...good luck!
  • cazriley41
    Options
    Thanks i have two children as well under the age of 2 so i suppose they keep me very active, so im just stopping myself from eating my childrens easter eggs, up to now i have been successful, so i will be proud if i dont touch any before bed tonight lol.