Plateau - HELP!

Options
Ok so I've been stuck bouncing between 155-160 since December. Not sure what to do anymore to get these last 10 lbs off.
I started NROLW last week and I'm hoping that will get the weightloss kickstarted but I'm not sure anymore if anything is going to work.
I try to net about 1560 everyday and below is what a typical workout week looks like
Mon- Ripped in 30 or Running for 30 min
Tues - Kickboxing Class - avg burn - 550ish
Wed - NROLW - avg burn 180ish
Thur - Spin - avg burn 550-600ish
Fri - NROLW or off - avg burn 180ish
Sat - Cardio for 30 min - avg burn 280-350sh
Sun - NROLW or Kwando class - avg burn 320ish-450ish

I work in an office all day but I tend to get up a lot to get water or what not and I live in NY so I commute and walk around a lot cuz I have no car. Can anyone offer any suggestions? My diary is open if anyone wants to take a look..Thanks in advance!

Replies

• elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think you might be over estimating how many cals you burn with exercise.
    I looked at your diary & some days you are at 1500 to 1700 cals & other days you are at 2000.

Have you tried being consistant with food intake & keep it in the 1500 to 1700 range daily?
  • elo83
    Options
    I have a HRM that I wear whenever I exercise so I don't think I'm overestimating unless the HRM is wrong. :-/
  • elo83
    Options
    Also just wanted to add I'm at 27% body fat. Would love looove to get to 20%
  • shaxnax
    shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What I have learned in my clinical nutrition class when someone plateaus they need to decrease their intake on a daily basis by about 200 and/or increase exercise. Try doing some sort of physical activity that you are not used to doing. use muscles you're not used to using. I wish you luck and hope you can get it started.
  • yamagirl19
    Options
    It's definately your food intake.

Also how long have you been doing the above workout plan? Should be switching it up every 3-4 weeks when you are close to your goal weight. The body adapts very easily. Also a workout should never feel easy it should be tough but you should feel good. Sweating a lot.

I am in the same place. I have been at the same weight since Christmas as well. I know it's my diet. I have reducded my caloric intake but I tend to binge on the weekends. My fault.
  • elo83
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories back so I net 1560. My BMR is 1501 so I try to eat at least that much everyday.
    If I didn't eat back exercise cals I'd be starving.
    So not sure what to do anymore.
    I just recently changed my workout schedule.
    I believe this would be my 3rd week doing the above workouts.
    Before I was mostly doing cardio every day. Either running, stairs, or kwando classes.
    I added weightlifting into my routine and decreased the cardio.
  • gamehen2
    gamehen2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try changing your diet. Not your calorie intake, but what kinds of foods you eat and when.

Go higher protein, lower carbs; remove all sugars for a day or two each week; follow a carb cycling diet for a week or two; etc.... Just change things up to confuse your body and get the metabolism moving again.

Also, as what others said about your exercise - do different and new things to overcome your body's adaptation. I'm also seeing a lot of cardio but no real resistance exercises. Try weight lifting. You might gain slightly but it will help the lbs come off in the long run.
  • elo83
    Options
    Will try to shake some things up.
    But I generally try to eat every 3-4 hours.
    I'm a creature of habit and I'll eat the same thing for weeks and weeks so maybe I'll have to change things there.
    I have increased my protein and lowered carbs. My macros are 40,30,30 - carb, protein,fat
    Question about carb cycling...how would I do that? What is that?
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i'm a huge believe in it being MOSTLY about diet...I say keep your carbs between 100-150 g and mostly from fruits and veggies.