The BEST and WORST things about weight change?

Options
What do you think they are?

*I said weight change as not all members are looking for loss :) *

Best: My boyfriend has said I look happier, which makes him happier too. I feel confident!
Worst: I miss crisps....

Replies

• kristenlees122
    Options
    definitely the looking happier! and feeling happier :-)
    worst thing? restricting foods or drinking with friends. oh well, its gotta be done!
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    agreed :)
  • wgrape
    wgrape Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1. Best: Buying new clothes

2 Worst: Buying new clothes.

My hubby told me last night (as I was complaining that my pants were too big again), that I have become VERY expensive! :drinker:
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Best -
    Lower blood pressure, feel better in the morning, joints not hurting when I walk, no more gout... the list goes on!

Worst -
    Going out to my favorite restaurants and passing on the 2000 calorie dinners I used to have (but I can definitely live with it- I have found new healthier alternatives!)
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Best - buying smaller clothes and feeling confident!
    worst - getting rid of cute bigger clothes ;p
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Best: I no longer have to keep buying different size clothes.
    Worst: I can't seem to stop losing weight. I need to learn maintenance!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Well, this time around it's only a 5 lb loss so far, But I have lost 60 lbs ( gained back 30 ). When I was 60 down, worst ever was how unnatractive my skin looked. The best? Looking in the mirror and being able to see progress, buying smaller clothes!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I feel better then I have in 15 years, more confidence and just happier overall and small size clothes!!

I miss chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
  • trootes
    trootes Posts: 3
    Options
    I've lost 118lbs and the best thing about it is how much energized and happier I am! I also love getting looked at now! I used to hide when I went out so no one would see me, but now I rock my new body! The worst would have to be the extra skin I have from being overweight! I just wish I could afford to get a mommy makeover and fix al the parts I dislike now! I know i should be happy, which i am, I just notice all the bad parts more now!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Best: Lower blood pressure and having to buy new clothes

Worst: I miss Chinese food (I still eat it, but not nearly as frequently as before)
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm..I dont know..this is going to sound so pessimistic
    BUT I feel like once we get the wait off, we focus on something else we dont like..flabby arms...hanging tummy....nothing ever 'right'
    I find I am more nervous about gaining the weight back and analyzing my pics to see if I look heavier......mind game
    I dont like the attention of people saying I lost weight or I am getting too thin b/s

My plus is a feel more confident in clothes and I like shopping now and grabbing the 6's and 4's :)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options

My hubby told me last night (as I was complaining that my pants were too big again), that I have become VERY expensive! :drinker:

I would totally agree! It gets expensive to buy new clothes, but it's nice to have that problem!
  • nanatsuiro
    nanatsuiro Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Best: I feel like my body can do so many things now, I can walk with no problems or run a bit... before I walked 2 blocks and I was really tired, but now I can walk 2 miles with no problem :)

Worst: My favorite clothes are too big on me now, and I can't afford a new wardrobe, so I have loads of clothing waiting to be fitted with the sewing machine :/ and I had to let go of some jackets that can't be fitted :c
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    Best: I feel better and Im much happier. Also my sex endurance is fantastic after dropping the weight :)

Worst: I really miss pasta and root beer
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options

I agree with this...I had the same problem but then I started just going to thrift shops while I was losing weight and it seemed to help on the budget....I figure I will buy a whole new wardrobe once I actually lose enough to get close to my goal weight!!

Best: Being able to breathe and feel healthier and better.

Worst: Trying to fit everything into my life all in one day to include exercising!!!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Best: Health and Looks benefits
    Worst: Clothing Expense, Ignorance on food calories was bliss at times.
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Worst thing for me about losing weight is that a lot of old clothes don't fit - this could also be viewed as a good thing BUT I don't have a lot of money to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe or get all my nicer dresses tailored. I'd also have to agree one of the worst things would also have to be giving up foods I love and drinking with friends too.

Best thing about losing weight is that I feel better about myself/more confident. I also like being fit/healthy and love being able to participate in 5k's and 10k's and Mud Run's and things like that now. When I do have money to shop I also actually enjoy it instead of getting depressed and sad in the dressing rooms. One day I'd love to be able to say the best thing is being able to feel confident in a bikini but I am just not there yet. Hopefully in time I will be.
  • BBBBennyandtheJets
    Options
    Best: feeling better inside, happier, more confidence, better health
    Worst: buying new clothes (i hatee shopping!), and people who tell me what to do to lose more weight.
  • DeborahStanley
    DeborahStanley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Best - Looking good when you are slim is much easier, no worryng about clothes that I can't wear because they don't fit.
    Worst - People who say that I've lost too much & look ill. No I haven't lost too much, I believed you last time & gained it all back, that;s not happening again.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Clothes fit differently, I feel more confident, and my fiance always tells me he thinks I look hot.

Worst? Losing my boooobs! Boo-urns!