Protein Bars

Options
Any suggestions for protein bars that are good, but not too high in calories?

Replies

• gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump I want to know too!
  • Wimbledongal
    Wimbledongal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes me too esp in the uk
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try Quest Protein Bars, lots of flavors - starting at 120 calories depending on the flavor. you can even heat them up a little in the microwave and the brownie one melts a little... yum... i find them at my local health food store. They are also gluten free :-)

http://www.questproteinbar.com/
  • TeamXForce
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are the best I've ever taken because they've got 20g of protein and only 2g of sugar and they taste good too. My favorite is Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Deluxe.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I have a lot of food allergies, so I can't even eat most of them. Also, if you read the labels, a lot of them are filled with some yucky stuff. I eat Larabars, they usually have only 3 ingredients (dates, a nut, a fruit) and taste really good!!! They are not protein bars, per se, but the mini ones are only 100 calories and have in the neighborhood of 3 grams of protein. Not sure about the bigger ones.
  • JonesM7801
    JonesM7801 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love ThinkThin bars! 20g of protein, 0g of sugar, gluten free, and only 230 calories (for most bars)! I prefer the creamy peanut butter ones, but chunky peanut buttery and brownie crunch are okay too.

http://thinkproducts.com/ <--- the website also has coupons!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are the best I've ever taken because they've got 20g of protein and only 2g of sugar and they taste good too. My favorite is Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Deluxe.

I 2nd this, Love the chocolate deluxe ones...
  • bunnygirl1978
    bunnygirl1978 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been using Maximuscle Promax Diet protein bars, 20gr protein, Low GI, with 206 cals per 60gr bar, its like having a meal.
  • caeliumspecto
    caeliumspecto Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You'll probably have to make them yourself. I never bother with them because they usually have as much or more sugar than a candy bar.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like Atkins....high protein and fiber with low carb count (minus fiber from carbs=net carbs)... When I get low blood sugar I grab one of those for a quick pick me up....
  • Moniquifee
    Moniquifee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try Quest Protein Bars, lots of flavors - starting at 120 calories depending on the flavor. you can even heat them up a little in the microwave and the brownie one melts a little... yum... i find them at my local health food store. They are also gluten free :-)

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

I agree Quest Bars are the best! They are one of the few that don't have artificial sweetners and have a great amount of fiber and protein, I swear by them. Oh and they are low carb as well.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options

^This. Pure Protein are the only ones I eat, because of the high protein and low sugar content. And they also satisfy my chocolate cravings...the Chocolate Deluxe are rich, dark chocolatey goodness!
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    muscle milk light protein bars
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I used to make my own Lara bars. I can dig up the recipe if anyone wants. Or it's easy to google and find one because they have so few ingredients.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Quest bars! The only protein bars I will eat! I eat them particularly on travel days (I travel for a living) as I refuse to eat airport food. Blek.
  • grasshopper3rd
    grasshopper3rd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars. They have 20g of Protein and 200 calories. My wife prefers the Kind bars but only because they are Gluten-Free and she has too.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, protein bars are just glorified candy bars that happen to have some protein. Instead of eating a protein bar, I'd recommend a piece of chicken breast or some tuna for protein.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love love love the P90X bars.. they are SO good I have to hide so I dont eat them all
  • DonSlowikFitness
    Options
    I make my own, it is cheap, I can adjust what I like and don't like and takes minutes to make. You can cut the bars in any size and make them high protein and they taste awesome. Message me for recipe.
  • kdmjeven
    kdmjeven Posts: 4
    Options
    The Herbalife Deluxe peanut butter bars are great even my husband and son like them. I think they taste more like carmel than peanut butter. Make sure you get the delux bars because the regular ones are kind of chalky. The deluxe bars have 10g of protein and are 140 calories. I hope you like them as much as I do.