How to get rid of the dreaded lower belly "pooch" - ladies??

Options
124»

Replies

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    dont have kids
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I noticed this really bad after my 3rd baby, and with age/more babies, it tended to get worsre (duh). I only say this because it went right back when I was young with the first. Anyhow, my youngest is almost 20 months. I recently started mfp, exerciseing, etc. I do the p90x ab ripper x every other day (in addition to other workouts) and it has helped tremendously. BUT, it's not as if I can bend over and have no pooch, or sit down without one. I look good standing up (stomach-wise) though. Not sure exactly what your looking for!
  • kristibag81
    Options
    P90X!!! The Ab Ripper X and Core Synergistics DVDs totally helped with my belly pooch. And I have had 2 babies!!

Thanks for this!
  • jhutka
    jhutka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lower abs are a hard area to reach, even if you do not want a six pack, strengthing those muscles are a great way to burn that fat (even after your done exercising) My favorite exercise is a called a bridge, its a full lower body one but you can definately feel it in the pouch area.

lay on you back with your knees bent and arms palm down on floor at your sides. From this position raise your butt and arch you back like a bridge, keep doing reps of this for 60 secs. If this does not burn add some weight but setting weights in the crease of you thighs a hip.

If the description does not make sense check out Jackie Warners Dvd's its from there.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Unfortunately we don't get to choose where the fat comes off of.

But I did try one of those "It Works" things and I lost inches off my belly and I am a super skeptical person when it comes to these types of things and set out to prove them wrong-oops. More info here https://www.myitworks.com/Home
  • mrsgant
    mrsgant Posts: 5
    Options
    REVERSE CRUNCHES! you will be able to feel it burn right in that pooch area
  • ijustmightbecrazy
    Options
    Thorough exfoliation when bathing and applying a lotion containing cocoa butter + vitamin E (Palmers) will help speed up the process, but you're still talking 1-2 years minimum so long as it's just loose skin and not both excess skin and fat. The exfoliation helps make way for newer skin cells, and the lotion helps restore skin elasticity which is what determines the rate you can "spring back" from having a pooch. This is also how you get rid of stretch marks as well.
  • SuperFitby40
    Options
    BUMP!! That has been my biggest trouble zone. I need to lose about 10 lbs and the pooch area alone houses 9lbs :) I'm on day 12 of JM's 30 Day Shred and although I haven't lost any weight, my clothes(especially trousers) seem to fit better.
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So forever working on that darn belly "pooch". With 4 c-section, I know I definitely need to get my body fat % in a low percentage before everything else fall in place? Great to see others advice on this
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Thorough exfoliation when bathing and applying a lotion containing cocoa butter + vitamin E (Palmers) will help speed up the process, but you're still talking 1-2 years minimum so long as it's just loose skin and not both excess skin and fat. The exfoliation helps make way for newer skin cells, and the lotion helps restore skin elasticity which is what determines the rate you can "spring back" from having a pooch. This is also how you get rid of stretch marks as well.

Reminds me of the movie The Silence of the Lambs....Buffalo Bill screaming downthe hole, "Put the Lotion on!!!!" LOL
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~Doesn't mind the Belly pooch if she doesn't mind mine!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Isnt it awesome when you're biking to feel it on your legs?! OMG that grosses me out!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I noticed mine getting smaller when I started running but have noticed a bigger difference now that I have started Insanity. I hear lifting is really good too
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of plastic surgery. For some of us, there is no point stressing about parts that are impossible to change. I love the quote from the movie "Joyful Noise" when Queen Latifah told Dolly Parton she had had too much work done. Dolly replied, "God did not create plastic surgeons so they could starve" lol.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I had 5 children in 10 years, the youngest 3 were all born in under 3 years (13 months apart, then bonus baby 22 months later. :heart: ) I've gained and lost the same 20 or 30 pounds probably 2 or 3 times since i had my littlest. The last few times I lost the weight it was by restricting heavily and not really exercising. I lost the weight pretty fast the last few times (20+ pounds in 4 or 5 weeks) and I was much flabbier and my stomach was still pretty loose and poochy.

This time i'm not restricting so much and I work out consistently. I have been running (c25k), elliptical, riding my mountain bike, and taking classes at my gym (belly, butt & thighs bootcamp anyone?) I also recently started doing a full body weight circuit on the machines at the gym and after about 6 to 8 weeks of that i'll be moving on to a full body free weight program. My measurements, on the whole, are about the same as when I was 10 pounds lighter the last few times I lost weight. My stomach is actually about as flat as it was when I was almost 20 pounds lighter last time! My stomach is *almost* flat, and when I flex it is completely flat. People have remarked on my stomach being so much flatter quite a bit lately. I've lost the weight very slowly, about a pound per week, and I think that is one of the things that helps-it gives my skin and body time to adjust to the weight loss. I also try to eat a lot of fiber and drink plenty of water-it may not help me lose fat in my midsection, but it reduces the look of puffiness and bloating.

I think enough time has passed since i've had my babies that is has helped my tummy kind of "bounce back". (My youngest is almost 8.)

I do think it is about body type, too though. I am an hourglass and one of the first places I start losing is my tummy and waist-my thighs and hips are still pretty big. I think my body type just naturally tends to hold more fat in the hips/thigh area than the tummy area, and that helps.
  • brodyrose
    brodyrose Posts: 4
    Options
    some chick told my bf that you have to do cardio.. no matter what !!! you have to do one day low intensity and the other day high intensity for 3 to 4 days but once u hit 200 calories u stop. .. i have that low tummy pooch problem too.. me and my bf do squats deadlifts shoulders and working on our abbs.. its not easy for me but hes pushing me.. that helps me.. i dont like cardio at all i hate it.. but im trying it out cause i want that fat gone..we shall see if it works
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    So glad to read these tips, its def my problem area. Really the only place i need to lose fat but its a lot.