Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Options

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Rip-off vs. Scam

Tell these sales reps to go stuff it, trying to make their living off your hard work. Stop using this website to pimp your overpriced drinks, vultures!

"Oh it's cured my migraines! Oh my skin is clearer! It's got nutrients and vitamins like no one's ever put in a drink before!!"

Buncha lousy salesmen. I saw one huckster saying Shakeology is so amazing they should be charging $300 a bottle for it. Shameless.

Take whatever you want to take for you. But I distrust ANY product that they won't sell in a store. Only through high pressure, MLM style marketing. There's a reason for that. No one would pay that much for a drink if you didn't have some "coach" (read: not a coach, salesman) pushing them on you.

I don't sell it, I'm not a coach, and just sharing my own experience.......
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Rip-off vs. Scam

Tell these sales reps to go stuff it, trying to make their living off your hard work. Stop using this website to pimp your overpriced drinks, vultures!

"Oh it's cured my migraines! Oh my skin is clearer! It's got nutrients and vitamins like no one's ever put in a drink before!!"

Buncha lousy salesmen. I saw one huckster saying Shakeology is so amazing they should be charging $300 a bottle for it. Shameless.

Take whatever you want to take for you. But I distrust ANY product that they won't sell in a store. Only through high pressure, MLM style marketing. There's a reason for that. No one would pay that much for a drink if you didn't have some "coach" (read: not a coach, salesman) pushing them on you.

Same here...I don't even have a coach...I found a retail site online where I get it way cheaper than if I were to buy it from a "coach". HB may not be the healthiest thing, I guess, but it tastes so good, and is convenient for me to drink at work. I did lose weight from it, but now I drink it because it tastes good....
  • courtneysellis
    courtneysellis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    More than just green shakes, they got other flavors, and yes with the programs it works very well!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    More than just green shakes, they got other flavors, and yes with the programs it works very well!!

Why... after a solid 17 months is this thread back? Did you sign up, search for herbalife/shakeology just to add this?
  • scoleman58
    scoleman58 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
  • scoleman58
    Options
    Neither dont waste your hard earned money.
    Eat properly and workout.

Easier said than done. Even if you did not have job it would be very difficult to get all the nutrition you need by eating ESPECIALLY if you are working out/exercising. When including extra activities in your day you need more nutrition to supplement what you have used. I currently use a vitamix and EAS shakes. 2 vitamix green drinks a day, EAS meal replacement 90 mins before workout for proper absorption so it is ready to use and EAS myloplex for recovery. I will be trying Herbalife tomorrow or the next day, waiting for my order to come in. why the change? EAS has worked fantastic for me BUT I am looking to go more natural is I can get the same results as with EAS.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

Why... after a solid 17 months is this thread back? Did you sign up, search for herbalife/shakeology just to add this?

HAHAHAH!!!! I saw the original post was in November 2010 and had to rush to the 2nd page to see what brought this back up.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

Easier said than done. Even if you did not have job it would be very difficult to get all the nutrition you need by eating ESPECIALLY if you are working out/exercising. When including extra activities in your day you need more nutrition to supplement what you have used. I currently use a vitamix and EAS shakes. 2 vitamix green drinks a day, EAS meal replacement 90 mins before workout for proper absorption so it is ready to use and EAS myloplex for recovery. I will be trying Herbalife tomorrow or the next day, waiting for my order to come in. why the change? EAS has worked fantastic for me BUT I am looking to go more natural is I can get the same results as with EAS.

Herbalife is soy and sugar. Have fun!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Neither replace food. Need a jumpstart? Start by meeting your macros/micros and correct calorie count.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • scoleman58
    Options
    Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Rip-off vs. Scam

Same here...I don't even have a coach...I found a retail site online where I get it way cheaper than if I were to buy it from a "coach". HB may not be the healthiest thing, I guess, but it tastes so good, and is convenient for me to drink at work. I did lose weight from it, but now I drink it because it tastes good....

Problem is some people are so brainwashed by "how things should be" when faced with change or a new way of doing something they immediately reject and see is as a scam. A full review of the current ingredients in herbalife might reveal to you a surprise on it's high end ingredients. And so they didn't some big corporation taking all their money, MLM is way to keep making money off a product and maximize what you make and not let other corporation, and middlemen (retailers) dip into your profit, instead they allow others to make money, but the catch is you ONLY make what EFFORT you put into it. AND you can just use the product and not sell it at all.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Rip-off vs. Scam

Problem is some people are so brainwashed by "how things should be" when faced with change or a new way of doing something they immediately reject and see is as a scam. A full review of the current ingredients in herbalife might reveal to you a surprise on it's high end ingredients. And so they didn't some big corporation taking all their money, MLM is way to keep making money off a product and maximize what you make and not let other corporation, and middlemen (retailers) dip into your profit, instead they allow others to make money, but the catch is you ONLY make what EFFORT you put into it. AND you can just use the product and not sell it at all.
    You left out your personal webpage link for sales. Bad coach is bad. Also, the biggest brainwashing technique I see is from the pushers of these shakes to start with.
    2/10. Try again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    I did my research before I chose the 2 - I have a degree in Human Nutrition and wanted the best nutrition - cost aside and compare the nutrition.

Hebalife is made with soy - and doing more research some of the shakes are made with Non GMO and GMO soy - which means it is genetically modified organism - where the product has been altered using genetic engineering techniques.
    Shakeology 90% whey isolate - purest form of whey and the vegan - sprouted brown rice for protein - not soy
    Soy has been shown to be heavily processed too!

Then I compared the actual mineral and vitamin list and Shakeology has more of almost every one.

Then I looked more at the ingredients - Herbalife is artificially and naturally sweetened (sucrolose) Splenda and Shakeology is all natural.

Then you look more into the ingredients and Shakeology has super foods, grasses and pro/prebiotics and Herbalife has none of these.

So taking everything I found - I found that you get what you pay for...get Herbalife and get a Ok product or get Shakeology and get a great product. So I invested my money with Shakeology
    Neither can claim the "purity" of their products since both are MANUFACTURED through a 3rd party manufacturer. And that usually means using raw materials that are imported from countries (like China) with no regulations. Dosage matters too. Just having an ingredient on one's label doesn't mean the dosage is correct to work efficiently.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I've seen lots if folks on my social network timeline using both products and posting drastic before and after pics. I refuse to believe the hype. I workout and sweat for my losses and am too chicken to take pills and powders since my friend's sister went into a coma using a weight loss aid.
  • armywife718
    armywife718 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Calories:
    Shakeology: 140
    Herbalife: 90

Cholesterol:
    Shakeology: 15mg
    Herbalife: 0

Sodium:
    Shakeology: 100mg
    Herbalife: 140mg

Carbohydrates/ Fiber:
    Shakeology: 3g
    Herbalife: 3g

Carbohydrates/Sugar:
    Shakeology: 9g
    Herbalife: 9g

Protein:
    Shakeology: 17g
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Calories:

Cholesterol:

Sodium:

Carbohydrates/ Fiber:

Carbohydrates/Sugar:

Protein:

and what about the price of both compared to, say... 100g of roasted chicken breast?

It's ok, I'll wait.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

yeah! how dare someone use the search function. I'd much rather have tons of duplicate threads!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Personally I thought shakeology tasted like mud. I really like herbalife.
  • GizmoMech
    GizmoMech Posts: 2 Member
    Options

The fact of this statement is true as far as eating properly and work out, is that most of us on this site workout regularly and eat whole foods but, to get ALL YOUR ESSENTIAL VITAMINS, MINERALS AND NUTRIENTS.

You would have to consume around 4,000 calories of whole foods to get all of you Recommended Daily Allowances of those vitamins, minerals and nutrients from whole foods.
    Do you see the dilemma?
    If you Supplement eating properly with these nutrient dense shakes you will perform better and see the results you want with a proper plan and your full amount of RDAs.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Calories:

Cholesterol:

Sodium:

Carbohydrates/ Fiber:

Carbohydrates/Sugar:

Protein:

and what about the price of both compared to, say... 100g of roasted chicken breast?

It's ok, I'll wait.

But one you have to cook, the other you just have to pop the top so if you are going to go by how much a person's time is worth then you have more of an argument, even if it's only a devil's advocate agrument.

That said, I rarely even use generic protein powder because chicken is pretty much a magical, taste wise for me personally, meat animal, second only to swine. I'm sure they'd both be dwarfed by unicorn meat but I'm no longer a virgin and can't seem to get their attention anymore.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Then dormant for another 6 months. And back to life.