Starting Over -- Again

Options
Hi, my name's Mary. I'm a mother of 3 adult married daughters, and grandmother of 5. When I had a physical at around 40-45, I weighed in at 190. My cholesterol was a little high and the doc told me that I needed to get healthy or plan on dying too young! So I went on WW and followed the food portion controls religiously. I got down to within 10 pounds of my goal, then plateaued for like 2 years! I got sooooo sick of eating chicken and veggies and almost nothing else that I just gave up on trying to get rid of the 10 pounds. Instead, I reverted to my former eating habits, and ended up at 55 years of age at nearly 215 pounds! I hate what I look like from the armpits to the knees.

Just a few days ago, my middle daughter, who is also battling weight, started a private group on Facebook to help us and our friends get healthy and stay motivated. I saw a post by one of the gals referring to this web site to track their food. Since portion control and lack of exercise have always been my biggest challenges, I thought I would check it out to see if it would help. After getting my profile updated, I looked around a little and joined a few groups here that I thought might be motivating for me.

I'm looking forward to getting in shape and staying that way!

Replies

• tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Mary. I'm a mother of 3 adult married daughters, and grandmother of 5. When I had a physical at around 40-45, I weighed in at 190. My cholesterol was a little high and the doc told me that I needed to get healthy or plan on dying too young! So I went on WW and followed the food portion controls religiously. I got down to within 10 pounds of my goal, then plateaued for like 2 years! I got sooooo sick of eating chicken and veggies and almost nothing else that I just gave up on trying to get rid of the 10 pounds. Instead, I reverted to my former eating habits, and ended up at 55 years of age at nearly 215 pounds! I hate what I look like from the armpits to the knees.

Just a few days ago, my middle daughter, who is also battling weight, started a private group on Facebook to help us and our friends get healthy and stay motivated. I saw a post by one of the gals referring to this web site to track their food. Since portion control and lack of exercise have always been my biggest challenges, I thought I would check it out to see if it would help. After getting my profile updated, I looked around a little and joined a few groups here that I thought might be motivating for me.

I'm looking forward to getting in shape and staying that way!

wtg....its never too last.you have all my support :)
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. You are so totally not alone!! you should find some great support here!
  • Beth_Gorman
    Beth_Gorman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! If you could use some support please feel free to add me.:wink:
  • SLTENOR
    SLTENOR Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been on the same rollercoster for years! After my 2nd child was born I went to WW. I rocked the program. Had lost almost 30 pounds in just a few months. Then I found out I was pregnant again. I gained all the weight back and then some. I had 3 kids under 3 years old and didn't have time to worry about what I ate and certainly did not have time for any formal exercise. I have been battling the bulge for too long. Since Christmas I have gained 15 pounds. I finally have had enough! It is time for Mom to get healthy and happy.

This site has been helpful to me. The logging my food has really helped show me what I am putting in my body. In almost 2 weeks I have lost 9 pounds. I know that the weight will not continue to come off at this pace, but I am so thrilled with the wonderful start! Now I have to find time to work some exercise into my daily routine. I now have 4 beautiful children and I want to be active with them.