I completely forgot........

Options
how much i enjoy swimming!! Havent swum properly ( ie for exercise) for several years, but achillles tendon injury has forced me to stop my beloved Zumba for a while, as well as any other load bearing impact type cardio.

So as its chucking it down with rain so a bike ride didnt appeal i thought i would go for a swim.....and i LOVED it!

I forgot how satuisfying it is just to plough up and down for 40minutes with nothing to think about other than checking my speed! the 40 mins flew by and i cant wait til i next go.

This got me to wondering what activities/ sports have other people rediscovered on their MFP journey??

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't usually ride for exercise, but my university just last semester started a bike-rental program and I rediscovered how much I love riding a bicycle.

I think this summer I'm going to try to tag along with my stepmom when she goes to the pool to work out. Otherwise, maybe it would be worth looking into a YMCA membership for the summer, because I haven't been swimming in a long time and I miss it. I'm a total fish in the water, too - I have many a happy childhood memory of being told it's time to go home an hour and a half before I actually got out of the pool.
  • Sjvarley123
    Sjvarley123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have many a happy childhood memory of being told it's time to go home an hour and a half before I actually got out of the pool.

abosultely this^^ makes me realise how far away from my 'old'self i had become as i got bigger!
  • johnson121810
    Options
    I haven't rediscovered some activity that I use to love, but I have redicovered a new love... mountain biking! It is so much fun. My husband and I do it together now. :)
  • pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    I adore swimming. I'm looking foward to our summer pool opening in a couple of months so that I can start with laps again. It's been the one exercise that also works as mental relaxation, too. Well, I guess yoga helps with that, too, but in a completely different way.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I love swimming too but recently ended my gym membership and I am not too keen on the local public baths but maybe I could try going first thing in the morning before it gets full of kids and before it gets too dirty!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I love swimming too but recently ended my gym membership and I am not too keen on the local public baths but maybe I could try going first thing in the morning before it gets full of kids and before it gets too dirty!

Sorry I did not answer the question. Walking with the dogs. It had got to be a bit of a chore and I was only doing the longer walks when hubby was not around but I recently started to go with him more and now am choosing to go on my own too as it is a little bit of peace and quiet all to myself.