Compression Wear?

Options
Aside from being form fitting, which still makes me uncomfortable I am trying to figure out why a lot of people seem to like this stuff so much. What are the advantages of wearing compression wear for working out?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Keeps the muscles/joints a little more warm, and provides the tiniest bit of stability. Also most have a nice wicking effect.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first pair of compression running tights yesterday and wore them while I did my run and I felt a lot cooler while running.

To me though, they didn't feel any different them my normal form fitting capris that are not compression wear... so who knows.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I need a compression tee to wear when running. It keeps everything from jiggling, which hurts! Granted I run in my basement so I don't care that it looks hideous....
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It helps with circulation and also helps to decrease the amount of recovery time. I wear capris when I run and I feel far less sore after my long slow runs than with out them.
  • missbex24
    missbex24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I second that! And... I think they're just super comfy. I could wear them every day! lol
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Keeps everything warm.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Helps with recovery, feels more secure, wicks moisture, holds everything in place, stabilizes joints somewhat. I could go on and on, I wear compressn gear everywhere. It's almost like a security blanket the way it holds the body in line. Mine also have stitched patterns at the knee for stabilization.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    They wick better and recovery is a lot shorter. It also helps prevent cramping over long distances.
  • adampk17
    adampk17 Posts: 15
    Options
    For me the compression shorts help avoid some painful chafing.
  • 2sweetnsugarland
    2sweetnsugarland Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What is a good website to buy compression garments or can I get them at an athletic store? My sister and I just started the C25K yesterday so we want to make sure we are well protected. Thanks in advance!! ☺
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    old navy has a pretty good supply of compression stuff for a good price. in fact their compression pants have lasted longer than asics and addidas ones i bought at the same time
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's much more comfortable to run and I feel less self-conscious if I run in compression shorts.