The BEST and WORST things about weight change?

Options

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Increased energy, sense of well being, and liking what I see in the mirror.

worst:

My skin finally shows my age.
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Best- I feel better even only after a few pounds- So I know once all the extra weight comes off- I am going to feel amazing- I have more energy now and can keep up with my kids!

Worst- I have lost some of my boobs :cry: so I know they are going to continue to get smaller and I do miss some of the unhealthy foods- but it is such a small sacrafice to look and feel awesome!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Best: No more turning to weird angles for the "best pictures" to hide the ROUND GUT.

Worst: Not losing weight equally in all spots; my pants' legs are loose, but I can't fit my hips into a size 6 yet! :laugh:
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Best is definitely being able to like going shopping for new clothes and not hate everything because it shows my fat....Worst thing? After dropping 25 pounds my D cup breasts are now saggy and I'm only 25... :(
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Best - wearing the smaller clothes in my closet

:sad: Worst- all the wrinkles and stretchmarks:sad:
  • Tracyfishcarp
    Options
    Best: Confidence gained, energy to play with my son and being able to shop without crying

Worst: Shopping and being picky, not because the clothes don't fit, but because I don't know what looks good. Also I'd have to say not being satisfied with current progress
  • matchfitin5
    Options
    Best: The sense of achomplishment you feel once you've made the change.
    Worst: Trying to keep the habit of eating healthy.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Probably the best AND worst - having to get a new wardrobe!
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Best- having ab's at 42! And feeling like i'm 22!
    Worst- Getting in shape doesnt stop the grey hair from appearing.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    BEST: Getting compliments, feeling like running a few miles isn't going to kill you, buying smaller size clothes, feeling more confident

WORST: Not being able to eat favorite foods, buying new clothes is EXPENSIVE, and not having as much free time because of getting in lengthy cardio workouts!

Also I HOPE TO GOD my tummy doesnt have extra skin when I get to my goal weight...cant afford tummy tuck. I am young though (22) so I should be safe :)
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    best: feeling better overall
    worse: losing awesome curves... I heart my boobs.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Best: Fitting into my smaller clothes and not having to worry about buying the next size up (again and again). Oh, and other people's kind comments on my weight loss!

Worst: Not being able to mindlessly eat like I used to...i.e. planning meticulously how I will choose a meal at a fast food place.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    BEST: Getting my confidence back!
    WORST: I lost a large amount of weight sooo..... stupid loose skin in places I didn't expect and my boobs need a pick me up lol!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The best thing is the health benefits and feeling good about how you look. The worst is fearing you'll gain it back...and the loose skin. The loose skin sucks.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Best: Buy Smaller Clothes

Worst: Being just a bit more broke because you have to buy smaller clothes.

I'm a happier person, I'm able to do more things and I never have to think "can I do that?"
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Best thing: Having confidence, and when I try clothes on not having to pick which one fits the least tightest, but what just looks the cutest! :)

Worst thing: Losing my boobs, lost a cup size :(
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Best: My skin has cleared up SO much since I started eating better and exercising. Oh and of course smaller clothes! :happy:
    Worst: When people (mainly relatives) tell you to be careful because you might become anorexic. :noway: - FYI, I probably eat more than you do!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    1. Best: Buying new clothes

2 Worst: Buying new clothes.

My hubby told me last night (as I was complaining that my pants were too big again), that I have become VERY expensive! :drinker:

I agree with this...I had the same problem but then I started just going to thrift shops while I was losing weight and it seemed to help on the budget....I figure I will buy a whole new wardrobe once I actually lose enough to get close to my goal weight!!

Best: Being able to breathe and feel healthier and better.

Worst: Trying to fit everything into my life all in one day to include exercising!!!

^^^^ I totally agree with both post. I have frequent the thrift stores in the last year because I can't see myself paying full price for more clothes when I will have to give them away in about 2 months or so.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Best - going out and being able to fit in the seats

Worst - all the stress from keeping under/at goals and finding accurate nutritional info
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Best: Having more energy to enjoy nature (for the first time in a few years I'm excited for camping season to begin and I've been hiking like crazy!)

Worst: Having to pee all the time from drinking all this water!