13 days, 10 lbs?!

Options
Hi, I'm new to the forums. 13 days I downloaded this app completely out of the blue and have been using it faithfully since. I've lost 13 lbs in 10 days (starting weight was 222.2lbs.) is this too much? I'm haven't done anything extreme, just followed the 1740 calorie guideline the app gave me (which got lowered to 1600 today.) I am very excited about my success but need some reassurance that I'm not doing something wrong losing so much so fast. I lost 1.6lbs since yesterday.

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your scale is correct? That is a lot to lose in 13 days. However, a lot of people lose a lot of weight when they first start because of the change and then it slows down greatly. Are you feel deprieved or light-headed/weak?
  • lbollinger10
    lbollinger10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not abnormal to lose a lot your first week. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Mikelobov
    Mikelobov Posts: 44
    Options
    This is not far fetched. If this is your first time dieting and exercising in a long time it's water weight.

I was 245, and I lost 9 pounds in 1 week simply by eating healthy and working out. It was just such a change of lifestyle that the bad fell off.

It will scale down from now on, just make sure you don't feel short of energy or nutrients and you'll be okay. If you are like me it will go down 13 then 7 then 4-5 every week.
  • venlife
    venlife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you make a big drop in your calorie intake, the first week, you can see a big weight loss like this. Just don't expect to see it every week, once your body adjust to your new calories, your weigh loss my slow to more normal levels of 2-3 lbs/week.

In the past when I started Weight Watchers and reduced my calories, the first week I lost 6 lbs in 7 days, so yes it's possible.

...Viv
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • Rowena02148
    Rowena02148 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's great! Not really sure. Do you feel light headed or off somewhat? This is like one of those Biggest Loser kinda weigh in. Keep up the great work .:smile:
  • joeynigro1
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. No, my scale is correct. I am not feeling abnormal (other than being dizzy from the head cold I have. I am not at all starving myself or anything like that. I am sure this will all slow down soon but I hope it waits awhile. It's discouraging that I weighed 167 lbs four years ago and I was all the way up at 222 as of two weeks ago. Hopefully I can inch my way back towards 160, and ideally end up in the 150's. I will keep everyone posted, and continue to be encouraged reading about the successes of the rest of you all. :)
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Water weight and eating habits changed. Good start, keep it up and expect results to taper off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!