My first marathon completed!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Right first off....forget the brigade that say if you have to walk you've not done it properly. A marathon takes guts and commitment both of which you've shown my friend.

Full admiration: a marathon is a positive affirmation of what you can acheive: however you do it.

forget the negative people we are all on here to make positive changes to our lives.

Again well done x
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Major accomplishment. I hope to join you in the marathoners club someday. Way to go!
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Any MFP buddies in London cheered you on?
  • ktousi
    ktousi Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations! No matter what anyone says about how fast you go, you completed 26 miles and ran much / most of it. You were smart about listening to your body and you accomplished something many people have not. I ran (walked / ran) my first half marathon at 47 and just started running in the past few months. I would have never thought it possible. You give me inspiration that maybe a full marathon is something in my future!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! My first full will be the Marine Corps Marathon in October. It is pretty far off but the thought of it still makes me nervous!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's amazing. I have my first marathon next Sunday!
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's an amazing achievement How're you feeling now?

I too did my first marathon in London on Sunday and am glad you shared your experience! My knee gave up at between 16 and 17 miles and I walked ran the rest, appears I may have damaged the ligaments grr. I shared my whole journey with family and friends via a blog and 2 have signed up for half/full marathons!
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's an amazing achievement How're yo:flowerforyou: u feeling now?

I too did my first marathon in London on Sunday and am glad you shared your experience! My knee gave up at between 16 and 17 miles and I walked ran the rest, appears I may have damaged the ligaments grr. I shared my whole journey with family and friends via a blog and 2 have signed up for half/full marathons!

Well done on also doing London!!! Did you manage to miss the rain?! I got wet in the last half a mile or so!!! Am feeling fine now though my knee is still a bit sore - hoping it will wear off if I have a couple weeks off from running & get new trainers. Hope u manage to get ur knee & ligaments better real soon
  • Dragonfly1996
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Any MFP buddies in London cheered you on?

My support team consisted of hubby, plus 3 friends all of which have run a marathon (the 3 friends several!!) In fact I beat my hubby's time & he was half my age when he did his marathon - woo hoo!!! :laugh:
  • Dragonfly1996
    Options
    Wow thanx for the response MFP's - and good luck to u all on ur future fitness goals!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Awesome - well done!
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are 26.2 MILES STRONGER!! YOU ARE A MARATHONER!!

Finish time is irrelevant, you crossed the finish line, you earned the medal, that's what counts. There is a group in the States (some members here in Europe) called, The Marathon Maniacs (http://www.marathonmaniacs.com/) and some of them walk/run or powerwalk, and they are serious marathoners!! It's all good, you know what it takes, YOU GOT IT!! It's amazing what it does for your sense of self-esteem. Once you run a marathon, nothing seems impossible anymore!! ;)
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Awesome milestone!!!

Good for you :drinker:
  • kflong
    kflong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story!!! So proud of you!! A marathon takes a lot of guts, never mind the hours of training. It is a huge commitment that you made and were super successful!! Congrats again on finishing :)
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Great story and a great accomplishment!!! Keep 'em coming!
    :)