Don't be THAT guy at the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• Millionsix
    Millionsix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And let's not forget the loud talkers that like to take hostage a piece of equipment and discuss their private lives for a half hour.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    OMG that was funny! the FACE guy was my favorite!
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hey, i know that guy!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    And let's not forget the loud talkers that like to take hostage a piece of equipment and discuss their private lives for a half hour.

YESSSS. This annoys me more than almost anything else at the gym. I go to a small local gym and it's great for the most part, but the owner is one of the LOUDEST people I have ever met. It's not a large place, but I shouldn't be able to hear every word you say when we're on opposite ends of it :explode:
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    that made it to be shared on my FB LOL
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    LOL that was PERFECT. My coworker said, I'm the "face" guy :laugh:
  • mschuldt2005
    mschuldt2005 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was just complaining about the people that actually GRUNT loudly in the gym. WHY??? I dont understand how that makes anything better. If there is someone out there that can explain why disturbing everyone else by grunting so loudly it is painful for the rest of us everytime they lift a weight I would be thrilled to know. Man, all I can think to myself is that they might actually poo themselves if they are not careful..LOL :) Sorry...had to say it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i really dont have a problem with most of that. one thing i agree about is i dont like people that drop weights when there is a policy against it.

in general "the coach" seem like they are trying to help. ive had people give me good pointers.
    whats wrong with the "meat head" taking supplements and making loud noises? if that is what motivates him good for him.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I was just complaining about the people that actually GRUNT loudly in the gym. WHY??? I dont understand how that makes anything better. If there is someone out there that can explain why disturbing everyone else by grunting so loudly it is painful for the rest of us everytime they lift a weight I would be thrilled to know. Man, all I can think to myself is that they might actually poo themselves if they are not careful..LOL :) Sorry...had to say it!

i can see how grunting lets you tap into your inner animal for difficult challenges. even some tennis players grunt!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    If they're not bothering you, what do you care?
    Get over it.

:noway: there's always one, someone needs more calories in their day, grouchy much
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I love the meat heads, great fun laughing at them

haha, same here. they're entertaining. they even model for us more than they exercise
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm the Face, especially in spin class.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I love the meat heads, great fun laughing at them

haha, same here. they're entertaining. they even model for us more than they exercise

The best part is laughing at them while holding there stare, most will look away first

Anyone else got loads of wannabe MMA fighters all of a sudden, shadow boxing inbetween sets, one nob end in my gym was hitting the concrete support beam like a child practicing for the Hill Valley Karate tournament. And he was about 40 which made it all the worse
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That is too funny. Thanks for sharing.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Way too funny! I was laughing out loud at this one!
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options

i can see how grunting lets you tap into your inner animal for difficult challenges. even some tennis players grunt!

If you are not grunting then you are not pushing your self hard enough.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

If you are not grunting then you are not pushing your self hard enough.
    [/quote]

I dont agree with you there mate. I think its just a habit that people pick up. Its not something that shows effort. I never heard marathon runners grunting, but they run over 26miles in 2.04.

Its not something that annoys me