Which program should I choose?

Options
I have been on MFP for two years. I lost 38 pounds the first time around. Then, I got pregnant with my third child. I gained 44 pounds(OOPS, I didn't mean to gain so much)! My baby just turned 4 months old and I am trying to lose the same amount of weight, maybe even 10 more pounds. I only lost 9 pounds after giving birth, my body is stubborn! My son weighed 8lbs, 9oz and I lost 9 pounds :noway: I jumped back on the MFP wagon a couple months ago and have lost 16 pounds with diet and exercise, 30 pounds down since having my baby. I have my before and afters(almost after) on my profile, from last time, but I would like to look more fit this time around. I don't know what I should be doing. I lost the weight the first time around by using my elliptical, not much else. I'm not sure what to do to get fit, I want to see definition! All of the information I am reading makes my head spin! I have been reading that you should do less cardio, lift heavy and eat more calories? I eat pretty healthy, my calorie goal is 1200 and I usually eat my exercise calories, too. I have thought about getting Insanity, but have read it isn't for beginners? Somebody please HEEELLLPPP! Should I join the gym, again, Zumba, Insanity, 30DS?? This jiggle MUST GO!!:blushing: Thanks for reading. Any help is appreciated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there? :yawn:
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The only thing that will tighten and tone is strength training - either lifting or circuit training. I don't know much about Insanity, but I did the 30 DS all the way through and I lost several inches and was definitely more toned. I like 30 DS because it starts at a beginner level and progresses as you get more fit. You can even stay on one of the levels longer if you don't feel ready to move on. (Plus it is a quick workout which is great for busy moms!) This is just my two cents...hope this helps!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT! Thanks for your response. I actually just went and picked up a couple Jillian Michaels' DVDs, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones! I will give it a try. I have started the 30DS before and got bored with it. Maybe I should try again.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I would look into joining a gym and lifting heavy:) . The 30 ds helped my body prepare for lifting b/c I am very weak. I did one round of it from January-Feb. and then started lifting right after doing it. Look at my profile pics, there is only a 3-4lb difference from the first bikini pic to the last but lifting really tightened me up.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    A gym is great if you have the time. Personally as a mom I don't have the timr to devote to the gym.

A couple great at home workouts are Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire hybrid with Chalene Extreme will give you the best of both worlds (cardio & strength).