Looking for friends :)

Options
I am new to this site. It's the first sight/app I've found and liked.

I was 116 when I got pregnant with my 12 month old and I am now 160. My ultimate goal weight is 125. My short term is 140. I am just looking for some friends. I think if I have at least a few friends I will be more successful.

:)

Replies

• cdubb40
    cdubb40 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a newbie myself, just started today! I'm hoping to stay motivated and am looking for friends to help me do that! I'd like to drop about 40 lb's. I was able to drop 25 while doing WW but gained it all back and got a bit depressed. Hoping this site and other's success stories keep me going!
  • Lyn2slim
    Lyn2slim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined this evening. How are you both finding it? =)
    Looking to make some new friends also.

Oh, you were on WW? I just cancelled my membership haha! Wasn't exactly working out for me... I'm hoping this will be different.

Pleased to meet you all,
    Lyn
  • cdubb40
    cdubb40 Posts: 6
    Options
    So far I am liking it but it's only been about 7 hours. ;) I used a WW free app on my phone. It was OK but I'm hoping I can stay motivated more using the forums and friends.
  • livsmom03
    Options
    I am new as well. Going from prom queen to fridge queen has really taken its toll and its time for a change! Bought a treadmill a year ago and ended up just staring at it. Friends and support in this journey would be helpful in getting me off my butt. Seeing as I am a stay at home mom, I allow myself to actually just stay home and not interact much which lets me just be fat in the privacy of my own home. Time to get outside!

Loving this site so far :)
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me feel free. I have my ups and downs but try to come on every day. I'm aiming for 140 ish ultimately but 147lbs would be nice and is what is "comfortable" for me. Got 1-1.5 st to lose or as least fit into my size 10 clothing again comfortably. Hopefully it won't be too long
  • cazriley41
    Options
    Hi i am new as well, so if any one wants to add me that would be great, as i may need motivation i cant do it alone i dont think, also wondering if anyone has any healthy snack meals, as im a bit stuck.
  • LaurieAnne78
    LaurieAnne78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am new also, looking for friends.. My weight right now is 225.. My goal weight is 160.. I have 2 kids.. and have started taking new heart medication that has slowed my heart rate down, which in turn has made my metabolism slow down as well... looking to add ppl for support!! :)
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You can all add me. I love having new friends. Welcome to MFP!
  • aminahzjohnson
    aminahzjohnson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for new friends can add me!
  • MsMarie213
    Options
    Hi All.

Im new as well and looking for friends. Just signed up a few minutes ago and I am preparing to begin my weight loss journey on May 8th. I always found it easier to stick to a weight loss plan when you have friends and motivation :) I am gonna combine diet with zumba cardio and Jillian M. 30 day shred.

Hope It Works :smile:
  • danie11e2012
    Options
    I just started this today but have been in my current weight loss program since just after Thanksgiving. I am down 38 pounds and feel great but after hearing of someone else using this site, thought I would give it a try. I would love to add each of you as a friend; having the support system, whether in person or online seems to be a big help. Good luck to all.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    You came to the right place, good folk and lots of info to get you on track and meet your goal. Add if you want to.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Any of you can feel free to add me if you want I say you can never have too many MFP friends
    I also am a former WW girl and this is much easier and best of all its FREE!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like, I love supporting other people and could use the same back myself. :D
  • teegraves
    teegraves Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I am only about a month on this site myself but feel free to add to as a friend, the more the better!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you need support! (just send a message with your friend request :smile:)

(P.S I have been using his site since the beginning of the year.)
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Happy to help if you need support. Been using this for about 7 months and it has helped quite a bit.
  • nicnactoo
    nicnactoo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new (been on here almost a year), but like you I had a lot of baby weight to lose too. Post baby I was 161lbs, now I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight (128lbs) and feel like me again. My target is 120lbs. After that, we'll see!
    I'm a lot older than you :( and in the UK, but add me if you like - I'm proof you CAN lose the baby weight with a bit of hard work and determination. :)
  • delski150
    Options
    I am new also I tried MFP last year and I never used it. This year I am serious about losing this weight. My goal is to lose 55 lbs. I stopped drinking soda and changed my diet about 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I was 218 now yesterday when i started MFP again I did my wieght and measurements and am 205! Hopefully with hard work and determiniation I will meet my goal. I need friends also to help keep me motivated so add me! :)
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you all can add me too