OMG! What is that smell?

Options
I've come across some pretty foul smelling foods in my day.....but these have got to be the worst!

1. Canned Tuna Fish.....yuck
2. Burger King....can't even drive by it without gagging
3. Sour Kraut.......I once had to leave my Grandma's house it smelled so bad!

I was just curious about some of the foods that you all just can't stand the smell of. Thoughts?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    kim chee. it is this asian food that is made of like rotten cabbage or something. My mom won't even let my stepdad open the jar inside the house. :sick:

and even though I love hardboiled eggs, I hate the farty smell they make in your fridge.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    cabbage
    any type of sea food
    broccoli smells awful but tastes good
    canteloup (can't discuss the reason, but can NOT stand this smell)
    sourkrout (msp)
    I'm sure I'll think of some more later.

Memaw
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    fish, and lamb or mutton when it's cooking. YUCK!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    pickled beans are nasty - they are pretty much fermented with vinegar and salt and left to sit in a churn - SHEW! I am not eating anything that smells like that!
  • stairwaytoheaven
    Options
    1. Liver :noway:
    2. Licorice :ohwell:
    3. Sour milk
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    raw meat- i feel like i can smell the blood and decaying flesh
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Cat Fish, it will stink up an entire floor of an appartment building.

My Cat wouldn't even go near it
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Cat Fish, it will stink up an entire floor of an appartment building.

My Cat wouldn't even go near it
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Okay, we all know Limberger cheese is bad enough, but one HOT, HUMID summer night, my dad made a melty stink cheese sandwich in the microwave. I cried. hahaha
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    kim chee. it is this asian food that is made of like rotten cabbage or something. My mom won't even let my stepdad open the jar inside the house. :sick:

and even though I love hardboiled eggs, I hate the farty smell they make in your fridge.
    kimchee is sooooo yummy and smells awesome! *Drools* haha

is it just foods?....I cant think of any

1.moldy food haha....yes i have smelled some moldy food dishes in my day and i gagged (back when i was 18 and didnt have responsibilities the dishes would pile up)

other than that i cant think of any bad smelling foods :laugh: i guess im just a pure food addict :laugh:
    oh wait
    dried anchovies.....I love the taste of them in stalks and whatnot but the smell of them is awful
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Fish/ seafood
    The whole meat section of the grocery store
    _

Canned cat food. It's not food for us, but it's food. The stinkier it is, the more my cats like it.
  • kdzmom
    kdzmom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1) Fish Row - my dad used to scramble them in eggs for his breakfast, i couldn't stand the smell:sick:
    2) Chittlerings - my mother in law has cooked them on occasion, gross food, gross smell! :noway:
  • 135gratitude
    Options

Hahaha - this made me laugh...

My hubby was peeling hard boiled eggs this morning, and at first I was sure that my baby daughter had filled her diaper!! Nope - just the smell from the eggs! YUCK!!
    :tongue: :sick:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    2) Chittlerings - my mother in law has cooked them on occasion, gross food, gross smell! :noway:

Seconded on this one! I used to live in an apartment and the lady on the floor above me would make a whole mess of them every week to sell. I finally went and nicely asked her when she did it (it was every Friday) and I would open all my windows and leave for the day. She was a really, really nice lady, so I wouldn't complain.

The other day a woman was eating a can of tuna on the subway, and I had to get off four stops early and switch to another train. Oof! I love tuna, but that smell was awful. . .
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    The stench that comes from a bottle of formula that was forgotten under the couch for God knows how long.....(I KNOW I'm not the only one who has found one!)

Chitlins....My friends mom would spend the day before a holiday preparing them and I could not visit during those times, they thought it was so funny. :sick:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Hominy :sick: :sick: :sick: I cannot stand the smell of that stuff!!!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Clam Chowder (I won't let my roommate cook it when I'm in the house :bigsmile: )
    Cauliflower makes your fridge stink, bad
    Feta Cheese
    Fish

:sick:
  • Veronica320
    Options
    Let me add TACO BELL to the list.!!! Our office manager just has to eat it....very loudly....every...single...Thursday. Like clock-work. "Oh, it's Thursday, so I'm gonna get some hard shell tacos and chomp them all over my desk, spilling cheese and bits everywhere. Yum, yum, yum. Oh, I'm sorry, is my crunching bothering you while you're trying to do payroll?"

Big YUCK!

Edit: It's on my *kitten* list for good now!
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Durian. It's a fruit. I can't stomach it even if it's 100 ft away. It smells exactly like rotting garbage. It tastes ok but the smell makes me keel over. :sick: :noway:
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    One time I left a bunch of fresh garlic in my cupboard and forgot about it until the smell made me search out what it was......I found a moldy garlic that was really stinky stinky.....