Question about a wii game

Options
msradio
msradio Posts: 165 Member
I have a wii and I love to play just dance with my daughter, my question is am i burning any real calories by doing this?

Replies

• TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I heard one woman say she burns off 200 calories doing Wii boxing. I think you would have to wear a heart rate monitor to really know.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    If you are moving, doing your best to follow the moves, you certainly are. How much, though, is tough to guess without an HRM.

I love the Just Dance games.
  • court617
    court617 Posts: 65
    Options
    It depends on the songs and how long you're doing it, but YES! I was nearing 400 calories when I was playing those games. I just would make sure to do every song on there. The Black Eyed Peas dance game was a killer!
  • latinahada
    latinahada Posts: 168
    Options
    YES!! You really do!! I wear a HRM when I do it & you DO burn cals!!!
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    thanks looks like I'll at walmart getting a HRM!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    divide your sweat points by 4.2 and thats your calories burned. I ve looked all kinds of answers to this and this seems to be the most published.
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Last year I did the Wii fitness and Wii dance every day for at least half an hour. I lost 20 pounds in a month. But then I had an injury that prevented me from Wii'ing it.
  • charlies21
    Options
    I agree, wear a monitor. You will be burning some calories but a monitor will tell you how many. Im thinking of getting one myself as I play the Wii a lot with my kids and do Zumba on it occasssionally, and anyway any bit of exercise is good for you. Keep it up.xx
  • AMKLIP
    AMKLIP Posts: 17
    Options
    I do Zumba Wii every night and I burn about 275 calories for 30 minutes! And it is so much fun :)
  • hinmana
    hinmana Posts: 16
    Options
    You are definitely burning calories... how many I have no idea. But you are dancing and that does burn calories. You could either get a heart rate monitor or something like the bodybugg which tracks calories burned. But I have that game also and it is fun and can be a good workout!
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    Heavens, yes -- as long as you are actually trying to dance and not just moving your arms to get bogus credit for moving the remote the right way. My kids always beat me, but I swear I get a better workout. :wink: I easily could burn 100 calories per 15 minutes depending on the songs I chose.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Definitely!!

~According to my Fitbit~
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do the wii boxing, bowling, baseball, and canoeing. I am sweating like a wild monkey after I'm done. I usually work it for 45 min or so, and can definitely feel my heart rate being elevated!! Works for me!!