Logging retail?

Options
Hello, I'm a new member who, once getting to her job, will stand or walk for hours at a time with sometimes no break. This can get exhausting, but it's frustrating when I try to log it in as an exercise.

I KNOW what I'm doing is actual work that burns actual calories, but there is no option for 'retail'(probably because of how much the work itself fluctuates) What I've been doing is choosing either standing or walking at a slow pace and cutting the time in half and entering that in. I've tried the actual time I spend at work? No WAY is it burning that much!

Does anyone know a better way to log in the hours I spend walking and standing and serving people as exercise? I can't shake the nagging feeling I'm doing it wrong and wrecking my diet.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's not necessarily wrong, but you're making it harder than it needs to be.
    Go back to your goals and change your activity level to account for your work. This way you get more calories in your daily calorie allowance to account for the extra energy you need to get through the day. Much easier this way!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt log it as exercise ... but to each his own. by a peodmeter and count your steps.
  • jamface11
    jamface11 Posts: 87
    Options
    Did you set your activity level at sedentary when you started? If so change it to lightly active or active. If you already use one of these it should be accounted for.
  • YossDillo
    YossDillo Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you! I think I'll change it to lightly active to make up for it and be very careful about my calories until it takes.