I'm Disappointed

Options
I'm disappointed with myself today.:grumble: I've been dieting for 4 weeks...I went back for my weigh in today and only lost 10 lbs. While losing 10 lbs is better than nothing I was shooting for somewhere between 15-20. Any suggestions?:smile:

Replies

• anunknownmouse
    Options
    10 pounds of weight loss in 4 weeks is more than plenty. You really shouldn't be aiming to lose any more than 2 lbs a week, max. That being said, do a quick google search for "what does 5 lbs of fat look like?". Should motivate you some.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat and I am thrilled, so I don't know!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is awesome!!! Job well done! Patience my dear! You didn't gain it all in one month, you won't lose it in a month. 10 is a nice healthy weight loss and a good start!! Hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    While losing 10 lbs is better than nothing I was shooting for somewhere between 15-20. Any suggestions?:smile:

Set your goals more realistically.

Shooting for 15-20 lbs in a month is not realistic. You are doomed to endless disappointment.

1-2 lb a week depending on how overweight you are (or maybe half a pound if you are close to your goal) is far more realistic and sustainable.

Edited: BTW, 10 lbs your first month is just great. Congratulations!
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    wow! Thats great!!!! :) I have only lost around 15 in months!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking my food and exercise since feb 27 and I have lost 8.. 8 pounds in two months. I'm thrilled!
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    I know it doesn't sound like much, but average it out and it's like 2.5 lbs a week, that's awesome!

that puts you down 30 lbs total at the end of June - does that sound better? :D
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You're setting yourself up for failure in the long run.
    Don't think of this as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle change. You need to learn how to eat a sensible amount of food that will help you lose the weight over time but also how to keep it off.
  • Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! That's a whole dress size! That's 10 - 1 pound packages of hamburger meat, 2 - 5 pound bags of dog food! 10 pounds is alot!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Wow, you should be celebrating and patting yourself on the back! 10 pounds in this amount of time is real and clearly the result of your hard work.

Great job!
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get the same feeling and I'm told... don't think of the lil accomplishments, think about your overall accomplishments and where you are today, compared to where you were before you started. :)
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone so far, 10 pounds is tremendous! Great job! Give yourself a pat on the back! Keep up the good work!
  • vgambino
    vgambino Posts: 28
    Options
    Chin up, you the bomb. That is great for four weeks. Besides, your skin needs some time to catch up, so you don't want to lose too fast. Nothing sexy about hanging skin!!
  • madeinforks
    madeinforks Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow..you have no reason to be disappointed! 2lb per week is the ideal weight loss to have and you did above that..be patient and realize that it takes time to lose..And if you lose too fast without toning up along with it you may be even more disappointed that you have flabby muscles that needed toning..So be happy about your progress!
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Think about lugging around a ten pound sack of potatoes around all day. That is how you were. Celebrate the loss and think of it as a lifestyle change. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. These are new habits that you need to be successful now and in the future. Develope good habits that you can you everyday!! Enjoy even the small scall victories!!
  • gigishiree
    gigishiree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ten pounds is awesome. i cant wait til my ticker is in double digits!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've been here two weeks and I have only lost 3.6 pounds. I probably won't make it to 10 either by a month! Be happy!!!!!
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    fast weight loss can't last, because it usually means adapting to very difficult eating habits and an impossible-to-live-with lifestyle.

Losing weight slowly isn't just healthier, it's a better investment. Not only are you dropping pounds, you're working on building habits that you'll be able to maintain. And those habits will help you maintain the weight you lost, so you can stay at your goal weight for good.
    Its important to create a healthy relationship with food. That's the key to lifelong success.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    t7k57s.jpg
  • leshiahickman
    Options
    Thank you to all for the encouraging words. Since I see things from everyone else point of view, I did better than I originally thought. I just needed to put things into perspective. Thanks again for all the encouragement. :happy: