Hi, I'm new the site and looking for support =)

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new to MFP, but isn't the only site diet site I've used. I used My Fat Secret, and was a great site, but this site's food database is much larger, and the layout is better and more simple.

A little about me, I'm 26 and a few years ago I lost 40lbs using a doctor regulated diet program. I followed the rules strictly, and I was successful losing the weight. From then on, I used the diet sites to help me maintain my weight. Up until a few months ago I was still satisfied about my weight, but I have gained a few pounds due to medication changes. The medication weight gain has been so very hard to lose. I started using the site strictly again to monitor my calorie intake.

I see MFP has a much better community than the other, and thought I would give it a try, I am hoping, and looking for friends/support to help each other on this frustrating journey! I am the only one dieting in my home and people I am close to, so its not the easiest getting support when they are eating pizza and wings in front of me! I feel here, people will understand and know what I am going through.

I am open to anyone and everyone who would like to be friends and share support! I am from Birmingham, AL if any of you all are close, that would be cool. Have a nice day everyone!

Replies

• NewMeKP
    NewMeKP Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi! I started a week and a half ago, really seeing a difference from using MFP! its awesome. you can add me.. its definietly more fun to use when you have friends on here!!
  • BR1TTNIE
    BR1TTNIE Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks!:smile:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Add me anytime! We all got this together! Let's do this!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 lbs because of a medication I was on and it is so frustrating trying to loose it. I can relate to your story. I'm from Louisiana. Add me if you like. Best of luck to you in your journey.
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    Welcome. =)
    I have been on here almost 2 months so far and just LOVE this website. i hope you will too =)
    Feel free to add me =)
  • fm32439
    fm32439 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Love the site and hope you will too!!! Good Luck!!
  • GlitterMango
    GlitterMango Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just joined the site yesterday and I've already found so many supportive friends, and exercised two days in a row for the first time since I can remember. I hope you'll find the support and tools you need here, and I'd love to be your friend :)
  • jlrimke
    jlrimke Posts: 7
    Options
    I also have problems with weight gain from medication. Overall, I have gained like 40lbs since I started taking my medication. But I'm realizing that it is possible to lose weight. It's really helpful to track your calories on this site. I love it!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I try to keep up with my friends and give them support.

p.s. Welcome :)
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What in the world are you holding?
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined a while ago but wasn't really serious. I have been back and serious for 16 days and counting and would love to have new friends to support and be supported by. Add me:)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    What in the world are you holding?
    Meet Roscoe. Pet green crab from the Atlantic Ocean.
  • Glo_8714
    Glo_8714 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Myself in a nutshell, my name is Lily. I am 22 years old and trying to tone my stomach. I have a 2 year old son. I just started Insanity a week ago. Today was day 9 and it has been better for me as days go by. I sometimes get unmotivated because I workout alone at home so I have to motivate myself, which is hard! So I am hoping to meet some friends here and find some motivation. I am basically trying to tone my "baby fat". I am fine with everything else. If any other moms out there are trying Insanity feel free to add me. We can motivate eachother! :)
  • MyFaithAtWork
    MyFaithAtWork Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi i'm from B'ham also good to see you