Frustrated!

Options
I backpack for 41+ miles and gain 2lbs. Very frustrating.

Replies

• k8coll
    k8coll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more then fat!!! it means your building muscle and in turn looking more lean physically! wahoooo
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Didja eat freezedried food? It's loaded with sodium, so maybe it's just water weight. :)
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Have you been eating alot of sodium rich foods? The 2 pounds is most likely fluid retention. I would LOVE to backpack those miles !!! I walk 4-5 miles a day on concrete in the desert preety much. Backpacking through the forest sounds like heaven to me. Cindy :heart:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. When I went on a week long wilderness trek that included climbing a 14,000 ft. mountain, I came home expecting to have lost a ton because I was walking all the time and eating hardly anything. I think I lost maybe a pound. ERRRRGHHHHH Can't remember back that far but maybe after my body got back to normal after the trek I lost more b/c my metabolism evened out. I hope that is true for you!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you can exercise every day, it's not going to resolve weight issues without having good control over your food and calories in vs calories out along with type and quality of calories consumed. Are you keeping track of what, when, and how many calories you are eating?
  • cstang
    Options
    Drink LOTS and LOTS of WATER...I started drinking like there was no tomorrow and lost 4 lbs over night:smile: