39.5 lbs and 9.5% body fat lost in 7 weeks!

Options
I joined this site a while ago but until the last 2 months I hadn't used it as the great tool that it really is. I've been holding out to post anything here until i reach my goal but I feel like I'm doing pretty well so far so I thought I would share my story so far. I want to wait with my pictures until my goal is met though I think.

I'm 30 years old. I was always pretty athletic until the last couple of years. I have a very active job in a factory building cars but that also kind of hurt me along the way... I injured my shoulder a few years ago and wasn't able to play a lot of the sports that i was used to. By the time my shoulder was healed I found out that I needed surgery on my wrist for carpal tunnel. Prior to injuries I never ate well but was active enough that I got away with it. That all changed. I slowly started putting on weight but kept procrastinating getting back on track. This continued until a couple months ago. I'm 5'11 and at my heaviest got up to 267.5 lbs and 37.7 body fat%. I was starting to get motivated to get back into shape and coincidentally some co workers approached me about doing a 2 month fitness challenge at work. We each threw in some money to keep it interesting. The winner is the person that loses the highest % of their body fat % they started with.. (As of today I've lost 9.5% total divided by 37.7 x 100 works out to just over 25% and I'm in the lead by rather large margin.) So, I'll find in 1 week if I'm $300 dollars richer - which is a bonus!... Ultimately the money doesn't matter too much to me I'm just happy to be getting good results.

I started off slowly, only really focusing on eating right for the first 2 weeks and lost 19.5 lbs and 4.5% body fat with that alone. Then I started doing weights 3 times a week after that. For the last few weeks I've been doing more cardio along with weights and eating well. In the past I have tried to go too hard too fast and ended up quitting. After reading many success stories I found myself motivated so I thought I would share my progress. I look forward to putting up some pictures soon to see your reactions. I feel much much more confident than I have in years... Thanks to everyone here at MFP

Replies

• jroseonline
    jroseonline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    congratz on your progress thus far and for the lifestyle change! I'm rootin' for ya to win your office challenge.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I joined this site a while ago but until the last 2 months I hadn't used it as the great tool that it really is. I've been holding out to post anything here until i reach my goal but I feel like I'm doing pretty well so far so I thought I would share my story so far. I want to wait with my pictures until my goal is met though I think.

I'm 30 years old. I was always pretty athletic until the last couple of years. I have a very active job in a factory building cars but that also kind of hurt me along the way... I injured my shoulder a few years ago and wasn't able to play a lot of the sports that i was used to. By the time my shoulder was healed I found out that I needed surgery on my wrist for carpal tunnel. Prior to injuries I never ate well but was active enough that I got away with it. That all changed. I slowly started putting on weight but kept procrastinating getting back on track. This continued until a couple months ago. I'm 5'11 and at my heaviest got up to 267.5 lbs and 37.7 body fat%. I was starting to get motivated to get back into shape and coincidentally some co workers approached me about doing a 2 month fitness challenge at work. We each threw in some money to keep it interesting. The winner is the person that loses the highest % of their body fat % they started with.. (As of today I've lost 9.5% total divided by 37.7 x 100 works out to just over 25% and I'm in the lead by rather large margin.) So, I'll find in 1 week if I'm $300 dollars richer - which is a bonus!... Ultimately the money doesn't matter too much to me I'm just happy to be getting good results.

I started off slowly, only really focusing on eating right for the first 2 weeks and lost 19.5 lbs and 4.5% body fat with that alone. Then I started doing weights 3 times a week after that. For the last few weeks I've been doing more cardio along with weights and eating well. In the past I have tried to go too hard too fast and ended up quitting. After reading many success stories I found myself motivated so I thought I would share my progress. I look forward to putting up some pictures soon to see your reactions. I feel much much more confident than I have in years... Thanks to everyone here at MFP

WTG OP!!!

Rooting for you in that challenge, keep us all posted!
  • Aceco30
    Aceco30 Posts: 29
    Options
    Nice job! Use the $300 to get something to keep you motivated, a garmin, or fitbit, or something!!
    Way to go,
    Ashley
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !!! And hey, you are going to need that money to buy replacement clothes for the ones you skinnied out of :):bigsmile:
  • bryanwhyte
    Options
    I get to get rid of my bigger clothes but I never gave up hope that I'd fit into my skinny clothes so I've kept them through the years... not sure what I'll spend the money on.. Vegas trip coming up in a few months so maybe I'll try to turn it into more $.. who knows
  • bryanwhyte
    bryanwhyte Posts: 3
    Options
    well.. contest is over. i finished 2nd which still paid out $75. I guess I didn't realize how much your body fluxuates. 2 days ago i went on the electronic scale and i was down 10.6% body fat. Today I was 5 pounds lighter but my fat % was 2% higher than wednesday. I guess I should have handed in my old slip and I would have won $200. Oh well, I guess I'm too honest. Besides, the money was just a bonus since I am happy to be getting results.

So since March 5th I am now down 45 lbs. Still a ways to go but I'm still motivated!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!