P90 vs Insanity

Options
I'm looking to start a pretty intensive workout regime and I was just curious as to the pros/cons of Insanity vs P90?

Any information/experience appreciated!

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Insanity is a very intense Cardio workout (it will kick your butt! But I love it!) and P90X is also an intense workout, but it incorporates weight training and cardio. P90X workouts are longer. I liked them both, but I preferred Chalean Extreme to P90X. Insanity is also one of my FAV workouts (next to TurboFire) Did that help at all?
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options
    Insanity is a very intense Cardio workout (it will kick your butt! But I love it!) and P90X is also an intense workout, but it incorporates weight training and cardio. P90X workouts are longer. I liked them both, but I preferred Chalean Extreme to P90X. Insanity is also one of my FAV workouts (next to TurboFire) Did that help at all?

yes, it did! which do you think achieved the best results? I'm inclined to try P90X first as I would prefer to mix up cardio with weights...hmm
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I know a few of these are programs you didn't mention, but I'm just going to give the programs in the order I got the most results

1. TurboFire (fun but intense cardio) 20 lb. weight loss
    2. Insanity (fun also, but prefer TurboFire, better music, intense cardio) 10lb. weight loss
    3. Chalean Extreme (strength and cardio, thought this was fun also) 5lb. weight loss, but really toned things up nicely
    4. P90X (strength and cardio, was ok, my husband liked it much more than I did) 4lb. weight loss and I did tone some

I started first with P90X, then I did a round of Insanity, then Chalean Extreme, then TurboFire.