Just heard about this site

Options
Hello,

My name is Donna. I heard about this site from a co-worker today and thought I'd check it out. We have doing a biggest loser contest (but not like the show) for a couple months and we just extended it a couple more months. I really starting my weight loss journey about 2 years ago. I lost 50 pounds in about 4 months! About a year later, I got off track and gained 30 pounds back. Then this past December(2011), I got back on track. I have just about lost that 30 pounds. It's a struggle to stay motivated but I just take it day by day. Now that I am here on my fitness pal we'll see what happens : )

Replies

• Arien78
    Arien78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is easier with friends and motivation! I will add you:)
  • yabba45
    yabba45 Posts: 35
    Options
    good luck to you. Sounds like you are doing a great job!!!
  • dkm1972
    dkm1972 Posts: 8
    Options
    Cool! Nice to meet you :smile:
  • dkm1972
    Options
  • MelodyB10
    Options
    Hi Donna - :flowerforyou: I just got on this site myself. There are about 5 of us at work doing the program and my 10 year old daughter is also doing it. I am an older mother (over50) and I have a 29 year old as well. I think I finally realized this is it. If I could tell younger people anything I would say - get it off now! As we mature things take alot longer. I have alot to loose, but taking the first step on this journey has been good. Everyone at work is encouraged! Two of the employees lost 2 lbs since Monday. I believe this is it!
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Donna. We have been doing a similar contest at my job as well. It is really helpful to have that accountability...and to know that my co-workers are going to scrutinize what I ate for lunch LOL.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy and I have been a member of MFP since Jan 26th. It is one of the best things I have ever done. A friend of mine had told me about the site and I am glad I listened to him and joined. Now I am looking for more friends to motivate me and for me to do the same. I have only had this one friends for 3 months and just this week started adding friends. Please add me.
  • dkm1972
    Options
    Sounds awesome! It is never too late. I am going to be 40 this year and it is more challenging as I get older, but I am not giving up!
  • dkm1972
    Options
    I know what you mean. I didn't realize how much of a difference it would make but that accountibility is a motivating factor for me.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna my name is April. Add me if you like :)
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    A friend told me about this site and its the best thing I could have ever done!!! I have made the best buddies who encourage each other and its helped me to be accoutable to myself and I don't want to dissappoint my friends...They encourage you when you are struggling and give you credit and compliments for good days...I never realized how much calories was in food and knowing you are going to log it in makes you think about what you are eating and how much. I never read the labels on things...now I never buy without reading the label. Its not a diet, its a lifestyle change!