new to MFP..lookin for some pals for motivation n help

Options
hey people i just started MFP a few ago and want some friends on here who log on every day as a motivational support group, lol. i log all my exercise and everything i eat every day. would love to hear what everyone else does to exercise and reward their self when they lose weight! add me as a friend and lets start talking!!!!

Replies

• matthewmma
    matthewmma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One thing that really worked for me is to log what I'm planning to eat a day in advance on myfitnesspal and stick by it, and make any edits if I end up doing anything different, found it easier to keep track this way!
  • bgrun
    bgrun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Matthew, I agree. It takes the pressure off me to decide what I will eat when I am hungry, and motivates me to exercise on the days when I may be tempted to skip.
  • abbyramos1116
    Options
    Hi im new to MFP and my goal is to loose 15 lbs i really dont know howto use this though,
    HELP please,..
  • kdiddygreen
    Options
    ive been thinking about doing that and now I think I will - I usually end up eating poorly because I cant decide what to eat and end up eating everything! I love the idea of logging in my food the day before and then that will help me stick to the plan- not trying to decide what to eat when hungry - that never works! I have been yo-yoing forever and am really getting myself into a better routine. Thanks for the tip. Looking forward to sharing more.
  • CanOnlyBeMe
    Options
    Hello I'm new to MFP I don't really know how to use it...I'm hoping I find some friends to chat with on here maybe we can be each others motivation cause lord knows I need it ....anyone up to being my support systemand me being there let me know...
  • Cheft420
    Cheft420 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    hey! I'm on all the time and work as a Personal Trainer, anyone feel free to add me for support and advice! :)
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Always happy to have new support. I think this is really helpful to keeping me on track.
  • shortiedav82
    Options
    yeah my problem is sometimes i get so busy that i DON'T eat every meal like your supposed to! world's worst at that. i tried to do that logging thing but its just easier to do it all that day for me. especially since i work and there's no telling when i'll get a break and all. i don't really eat fast food anymore so that narrows down a lot of choices while out and about lol. MFP is helping a lot though with knowing how many calories are in something. i usually try to look up how many calories and all before i eat something. thanks for all the advice everyone its much appreciated!!!!! you all are awesome! :)
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to MFP and my goal is to loose 15 lbs i really dont know howto use this though,
    HELP please,..

If you've already set your goals up and have a daily calorie allowance, then basically all you do is log what you eat( either by entering the calories if you know them or by searching the food name) and also tracking you calories ( the same way either entering the calories burned if you know them or searching the exercise)
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    WELCOME WELCOME!! Fell free to add me!
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a week ago and absolutely LOVE it so far. Before joining this site, I lost 20 pounds. I still have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal, but MFP has really helped in keeping me motivated. I track every calorie I eat and every minute I exercise and I've lost 3 pounds since I've joined. I'm looking to meet some new friends on here too so feel free to add me :) Good luck to you!
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    hello. you can add me. I love positive ppl and love to motivate ppl as well. I have 35-45 lbs to loose and have 5 kids and my name is april
  • impossibianca
    Options
    will do! :)
  • melanielupien
    melanielupien Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me :)
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request, feel free to add me! I'm on here every day and try to encourage and congratulate as much as I can in hopes that I'll get the same in return! My first goal is to lose 50 lbs!!
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Shortie, feel free to add me if you would like
  • shortiedav82
    Options
    this site is simply amazing! all the support and people willing to help motivate you and share things with each other really helps! time for everyone to feel good in their skin again! LET'S GET IT DONE!!!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) I log in everyday